Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
What are the peak times for this lounge?
Google has a very detailed chart of times and load at the club. Check it out, it goes day by day. It seems to be fairly accurate by my experience.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by nomad420
Google has a very detailed chart of times and load at the club.
Can you post a link?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you search "centurion lounge sfo" you should see a side panel with information about the lounge. Scroll down to see the Popular Times graph.
Attached Images  
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:11 am

Yes I've been to this lounge over 50 times, just wondering if there's actually a time that *isn't* considered "peak" since it's always been busy when I'm there. Have a flight SFO-YYZ-FCO flight in AC J on Wednesday at noon, wishing we could go to Polaris, but we won't have access so are going to go here instead.

On an aside, do we know how accurate google's live tracking is ? How does it work exactly?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
On an aside, do we know how accurate google's live tracking is ? How does it work exactly?
This got me curious enough to Google for it (very meta ) since IIRC they show this "popular times" info for things like restaurants and museums too.

https://support.google.com/business/.../6263531?hl=en

"To determine popular times, wait times, and visit duration, Google uses aggregated and anonymized data from users who have opted in to Google Location History. Popular times, wait times, and visit duration are shown for your business if it gets enough visits from these users. You can’t manually add this information to your location, and it appears only if Google has sufficient visit data for your business."
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Zorak
"To determine popular times, wait times, and visit duration, Google uses aggregated and anonymized data from users who have opted in to Google Location History. Popular times, wait times, and visit duration are shown for your business if it gets enough visits from these users. You can’t manually add this information to your location, and it appears only if Google has sufficient visit data for your business."
Translation - they're tracking the number of visitors in real time using GPS data from their cell phones. It's pretty accurate.
just wondering if there's actually a time that *isn't* considered "peak"
As I previously stated (and as the chart confirms) 5-5:30 a.m. is generally pretty quiet
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kacee

As I previously stated (and as the chart confirms) 5-5:30 a.m. is generally pretty quiet
State liquor laws do not permit service until 6 am
Oatmeal without a mimosa? A shonda!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:11 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
State liquor laws do not permit service until 6 am
Oatmeal without a mimosa? A shonda!
Come at 5:30, stake out your seat for the next 3h, start pounding mimosas and screwdrivers at 6am. Just be sure not to ask for a grapefruit mimosa or gin&tonic, because they're only allowed to serve orange juice as a mixer before 11am. Centurion policies get dumber and dumber.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
Come at 5:30, stake out your seat for the next 3h, start pounding mimosas and screwdrivers at 6am. Just be sure not to ask for a grapefruit mimosa or gin&tonic, because they're only allowed to serve orange juice as a mixer before 11am. Centurion policies get dumber and dumber.
What if you just wanted some tonic water on its own?? Ridiculous.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
5/16/19 lounge is closed

FYI - Went to lounge at SFO today and sign says "closed for maintenance".
cuthroat likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sierranevada
same here. No notice about this on lounge website 👎. Was looking forward to a nice dinner but had to settle for PP at Yankey Pier
cuthroat likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sierranevada
Sounds like an unexpected plumbing, electrical, or vermin issue.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Sounds like an unexpected plumbing, electrical, or vermin issue.
Must have been really bad. They stayed open a couple of years ago when a huge plate glass window at the entryway shattered.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey

Must have been really bad. They stayed open a couple of years ago when a huge plate glass window at the entryway shattered.
I don't remember the details, but didn't someone smash through it?
Old May 16, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by flyguy6

same here. No notice about this on lounge website 👎. Was looking forward to a nice dinner but had to settle for PP at Yankey Pier
That sounds like an upgrade to me. Since the lounge is so crowded I just go to Yankee Pier for a decent meal.

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I don't remember the details, but didn't someone smash through it?
It was one of the upper panes. I read that it just fell over night and shattered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.