Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Kacee
9:30 Sunday morning, lounge was absolutely packed. Line five deep just to get in, and once in, it was standing room only. I had skipped breakfast expecting to eat at the lounge ("how busy can it be at 9:30 on a Sunday morning?").

Filled my plate, lucked into a solo chair (no table), ate, and left the madness as quickly as possible. UC at the 60s gates was tranquil by comparison.

Don't know what they can do, but AMEX has to do something about the overcrowding of this lounge.
Wow, never been like that on Sunday morning, maybe a side-effect of lack of UA lounge until PL opens? Sure am glad I have a direct to SYD now!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
When I passed through last Wednesday I saw a large family get turned away, then magically let back in ten minutes later.

Possibly a botched attempt at service recovery. The father was loudly complaining that "let's go kids, they don't want our kind here" as we waltzed back towards the stairs.

Honestly short of tripling the space or capping the number of annual entries cardholders get there's nothing Amex can do.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by txflyer77
When I passed through last Wednesday I saw a large family get turned away, then magically let back in ten minutes later.

Possibly a botched attempt at service recovery. The father was loudly complaining that "let's go kids, they don't want our kind here" as we waltzed back towards the stairs.

Honestly short of tripling the space or capping the number of annual entries cardholders get there's nothing Amex can do.
What kind were they?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:45 pm

I stopped in on the 18th of March around noon. Crowded near the dining area but we were able to find a couch to sit on in the seating area. The airport was fairly crowded because of Spring Break travel, so the lounge was a little full, but no one was being denied entry based on that when I visited. I did see someone get bumped from a table in the seating area to make room for a Centurion card holder.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at the lounge at 3:15PM today (Wednesday). I was the fourth person in line to check in, and only one lady was working the desk. When I got to the front of the line (next up), another lady opened up a second computer. As she was checking me in, she apologized that the lounge was pretty crowded and that I might have a hard time finding a seat. I think my timing was pretty good because about six people (three groups of two) left the lounge as I was checking in. I was able to easily find a large table in the big room, close to the children’s play room. I would estimate the lounge was about 90%-95% full.

On the menu was a delicious braised beef with peas and carrots, brussel sprouts, rice with beans, a few soups that I didn’t pay attention to, and salads. For dessert, there was sweet white custard/jelly thing (that was pretty darn good) and white chocolate chip cookies. I was number three in line at the bar area to get my sodas, and the bartender thanked me for having such a simple order. We both agreed that the lounge should install a soda machine. As for the coffee machine, chocachino, mocha, and hot chocolate were all out when I arrived, but they replenished it and everything was functioning within 20 minutes of me being there.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:25 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Friday morning, April 6, I expected a crowded lounge, given Spring Break travel and long security lines. However, the lounge was remarkably quiet. Got an immediate table in the kitchen area.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Finagler
On the menu was a delicious braised beef with peas and carrots

Had that last week and it was really good.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
With the UA Polaris Lounge now open, I'm hoping the crowding in this lounge is a bit better. One can dream!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...mp-27th-8.html
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:05 am

Walked in about 3:20 PM April 30th. Packed House! I did a quick walk around and every seat was taken. After grabbing some food I was able to find a random single seat in the middle of the walk way that was outta place. 5 min later the manager was able to find a table for me. Around 3:45 the place started to clear out in the sitting area and it was plenty of seating available.

First time having the Pork, Not bad.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
With the UA Polaris Lounge now open, I'm hoping the crowding in this lounge is a bit better. One can dream!

I certainly hope so!
Old May 4, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10

Early reports in the UA forum say Polaris Lounge food is not good, recommends eating at Centurion then head to Polaris for work.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at the lounge approximately 1:35PM on Saturday, May 12. It is pretty unusual for me to fly out of SFO on a Saturday, so I had no idea what to expect with regards to crowding. I was pleasantly surprised that, besides during a few very early morning visits in the past, it was one of the least crowded visits I have ever made. I would estimate that it was only about 30%-40% full, and it was downright quiet. And then it emptied out even more and was only about 20% full by the time I left at 2:40PM.

The food was not very special (boring coconut pork, a Swiss chard-type of vegetable, bland rice, some weird vegetable stew, chocolate chip cookies). The only standout food item was the custard/jell-o dessert cup with fruit on top. Since the place was so empty, there was no line at the bar to get my sodas. Unfortunately, the coffee machine wasn't working properly when I arrived. I brought this to the attention of the workers, and the coffee machine was operating perfectly after they messed with it for about 10 minutes.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA1K
i'll be rolling through wednesday evening. i will report back with how crowded it is. also rolling through LGA on saturday.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:36 am

The coconut pork!? When will they change that dish?
Finagler likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I was here Friday night and it was the usual standing room only chaos.

They seem to have downgraded the hot food selection, now offering only one protein. It was some kind of bone in chicken that looked like way too much work for a lounge setting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.