Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by transportprof
What's with the automated wine tasting at the SFO Club? Half the bottles are empty, and half of the remaining half are mislabeled on the screen, versus the label on the bottle. Is this how this contraption is normally set up?
Not my experience there, I have watched them change out empties, and the info on the pours correspond to the bottles presented. I would have def said something to the bartender, they have historically been very responsive.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by popoemt
Not my experience there, I have watched them change out empties, and the info on the pours correspond to the bottles presented. I would have def said something to the bartender, they have historically been very responsive.
Now I know. It was only my second time in the lounge, and my first time attempting the wine tasting. The bartender (singular) was run off his feet on New Year's Day. The way that people were belting down the alcohol, you'd think Prohibition had just ended!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA1K
i hope SFO keeps the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, curry dish. i'll be rolling through SFO on a day trip end of jan. love that dish.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by haddon90
i hope SFO keeps the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, curry dish. i'll be rolling through SFO on a day trip end of jan. love that dish.
It was there today (Jan 13)
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA1K
they have had it for a while. i'm doing a quick day trip MR on 1/28. stopping in the morning and am hoping for the farro hash and coming back in the evening.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
I've been flying United mainly due to their proximity to the lounge. (No other reason really to fly United, lol).

It's so nice to just waltz out of the lounge and right across to your gate. And, the other reason is when you arrive United SFO, you can stop in for a meal or drink before exiting the airport.

Although, I also recently flew internationally on Air Canada and the walk there was not at all far either.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:31 pm

Good Reason to get CLEAR

I just got CLEAR - one of the reasons being ease in accessing the Centurion Lounge even if flying another airline.

At this point, no one should pay more than $99 for CLEAR - which is the price for non-elite Delta Skymiles members. A secon family member is $50 (which I suspect in reality need not be a family member), bringing the price down to $75 each.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I just got CLEAR - one of the reasons being ease in accessing the Centurion Lounge even if flying another airline.

At this point, no one should pay more than $99 for CLEAR - which is the price for non-elite Delta Skymiles members. A secon family member is $50 (which I suspect in reality need not be a family member), bringing the price down to $75 each.

I have Global Entry/TSA Pre so figured Clear was not worth it. Unless it provides some additional benefit?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:39 pm

Even precheck can sometimes have a line. CLEAR will get you to the front of that line as soon as they verify your identity at the CLEAR kiosk. Which means that you can pretty reliably be assured of getting to the front of the precheck line in about 2 minutes or less.

Originally Posted by Mediahound
I have Global Entry/TSA Pre so figured Clear was not worth it. Unless it provides some additional benefit?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
That would help. The best suggestion I've seen is upthread: someone mentioned how they could replace the chaise lounges with ordinary tables and chairs. That right there would add maybe 20 seats. Those chaise lounges are great for the few who get them, but if we have to make some choices, I'd say put in the tables and chairs.
I agree. It's not a very efficient use of space. Oftentimes people have to bring their plate of food to the work/lounge area simply because there is not enough seating in the official dining area.

While this is allowed, it's a bit weird to see people scarfing down their roast chicken or whatever while sitting on the couch.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Even precheck can sometimes have a line. CLEAR will get you to the front of that line as soon as they verify your identity at the CLEAR kiosk. Which means that you can pretty reliably be assured of getting to the front of the precheck line in about 2 minutes or less.
Another advantage of CLEAR is that is works regardless of airline. TSA Pre is limited to mostly domestic airlines although AC, LH, EK are notable exceptions, although the last time I flew from SFO from G, it took about 20 minutes to get through security.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck-participating-airlines/
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by askmrlee
Another advantage of CLEAR is that is works regardless of airline. TSA Pre is limited to mostly domestic airlines although AC, LH, EK are notable exceptions, although the last time I flew from SFO from G, it took about 20 minutes to get through security.

Thanks. I may try Clear. A friend of mine gave me a 3 month free trial link.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by askmrlee

I guess others have reported waiting in longish Precheck lines, but it's never been more than 10 minutes for me, anywhere. Most of the time, I'm through in under 5 minutes. Hard for me to see much advantage with CLEAR.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90
It was still there as of last night.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dhuey
I guess others have reported waiting in longish Precheck lines, but it's never been more than 10 minutes for me, anywhere. Most of the time, I'm through in under 5 minutes. Hard for me to see much advantage with CLEAR.
CLEAR def saves a few minutes each trip, I suppose they add up -- then again, I got added under the free family member promo from last year so it was a no brainer. The other thing I have really come to love about CLEAR is that you don't have to take your ID out. Less fumbling around is always a nice thing. Unfortunately, it seems the line after the TSA ID checker is getting long and longer as confused people bumble the preCheck experience.

Also realize this is the wrong thread, but if you are in the Bay and go to Giants games, be sure the check out the CLEAR sports options for cutting the security lines at the ball park.

Wish getting to the AMEX lounge was as easy as using CLEAR. I have given some of the lounge dragons some flack that I have to show more cards and passes at the lounge than I do at TSA. Would be neat if they could make a database of details that are on a boarding pass and take a photo of you to try to save some time and make it more customer friendly. Then again this is the credit company that makes you do a ridiculous IVR puzzle when you try to call them on the phone as compared to more seamless experiences from different CC cos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.