Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Question regarding the air train: Does it let you off airside?

I have a flight out of international terminal A. My plan is to stop at terminal 3 first to visit the lounge, then take the air train to terminal A to catch my flight.

Just wondering if I need to add some extra time to go through security a second time.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by 9volt
Question regarding the air train: Does it let you off airside?

I have a flight out of international terminal A. My plan is to stop at terminal 3 first to visit the lounge, then take the air train to terminal A to catch my flight.

Just wondering if I need to add some extra time to go through security a second time.
You will need to go through T3 (or Int'l G gates) security to access the lounge. You will then exit the secured area to get back to A. It is a waste of time to find the train to get to A. It is less than a 10 minute landside walk. In fact, if you exit through Int'l G (make left when leaving the lounge, go to G gates, exit to main hall, and then cut across main hall), you're down to 3 to 4 landside minutes.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Visited the SFO longer this week and was looking forward trying the food from the new chef. But I didn't noticed any changes.

I arrived around lunch time. Menu is pretty much identical as before. Some what disappointed.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at SFO Centurion Lounge about 20 minutes ago (11:45AM). This is the most packed I have ever seen this place, and I am here a lot. With the exception of one table reserved for Centurions, EVERY table is full. Strangers are sharing tables in the dining area. Luckily, I found an open seat by the big TV in the middle room.

Today's menu is the worst food I have had at a Centurion Lounge. The chicken, rice, and vegetables are all bland. Even the strawberry rhubarb dessert is below par. At least the sodas and hot chocolate can't be messed up.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
I was here in august, it was so packed it not even funny. I did manage to snag a lounger and the food was pretty good but the constant flow of people looking for seats and the screaming kids really lowered any enjoyment. I left and went to the AC club after about 90 mins, I had 4 hours at SFO, much more relaxing.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA
I've also found it to be completely full every time I've been in the last few months. I still generally make the effort to head over there even though I never fly out of Terminal 3, but it can be tough to get a seat.

Does anyone have any way to know what percentage of lounge visitors are Platinum/Centurion cardholder, and what percentage pay the entry fee?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Finagler

Today's menu is the worst food I have had at a Centurion Lounge. The chicken, rice, and vegetables are all bland. Even the strawberry rhubarb dessert is below par. At least the sodas and hot chocolate can't be messed up.
Agree 110%. The lunch menu was very disappointing this month.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Does anyone have any way to know what percentage of lounge visitors are Platinum/Centurion cardholder, and what percentage pay the entry fee?
I rarely see anyone in the "reserved" tables for black card holders. I don't know how many people pay for entry, but I've never seen anyone do that. My guess it's almost all Plat holders and their guests.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
The lounge has been crowded, at least at peak times, as soon as word got out. The Centurion tables do get used, but the whole point is to save them so that they can give a Centurion a seat. They sometimes put the reserved sign away once they seat someone there.

I've seen people pay to be admitted, so it does happen. I don't have any data.

I think the food has become much more bland and pedestrian than since it opened. Maybe that speaks to the demand of the average palate. I like it better when it was a bit more "out there"
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by dhuey
I rarely see anyone in the "reserved" tables for black card holders. I don't know how many people pay for entry, but I've never seen anyone do that. My guess it's almost all Plat holders and their guests.
Witnessed a gentleman yesterday evening whose Centurion card was plainly visible on the table seated right next to the wine tasting dispensers.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
I arrived at the Centurion Lounge around 8AM, which is extremely early for me. As far as I can recall, that was the earliest I have ever been there. It was less than 50% full, and I grabbed an open table in the dining area.

As has been my recent experiences with this location, the food was not very good. The "pancakes" were very dry, and both of the egg dishes weren't very tasty. There was also some sort of weird grain and sausage dish that should have had far more sausage and less grain. I will admit the cantaloupe and honeydew were excellent, and the croissants were so good that I had to eat more than one. I just wish the main entrees were better quality so that I didn't have to fill up on fruit and bread. I think french toast would have been far superior to the monstrosity of pancakes that were available.

On a side note, the coffee machine was being cleaned when I arrived, so I had to wait a few minutes before getting my mocha. But it's nice to know they clean the coffee machine.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:07 pm

Terminal 1 arrival

is it still not possible to use the lounge if I am arriving at terminal 1 and sfo is my final destination?

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by load clear
is it still not possible to use the lounge if I am arriving at terminal 1 and sfo is my final destination?

Thanks
Still not possible. Departing boarding pass to clear TSA at T3 required.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by load clear

Thanks
I've landed before and gone to the lounge to have a drink and do some work while waiting out the horrendous bay area evening rush hour traffic, so it must definitely be YMMV.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I've landed before and gone to the lounge to have a drink and do some work while waiting out the horrendous bay area evening rush hour traffic, so it must definitely be YMMV.
And reentered the secure area? There's no issue if you're arriving to T3. T1 and T2 aren't connected to T3, and TSA (or CAS in this case) won't let you back in airside to T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.