Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:45 pm

You would not need to go through security.

As you are walking out, right before you would exit the secure area, there is a hallway on the left that will take you to Terminal 3.

Originally Posted by newbie0121
I'll be travelling from YVR to SFO arriving in International Terminal G.
I would have gone through pre-clearance at YVR.

Is it possible to walk over to T3 to access the lounge then back to Terminal G to proceed to baggage claim area? Would I have to go through security along the way?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: JAL Global Club Sapphire
A bit disappointing

Took my daughter with me yesterday. Told her if she skipped the bookstore, she could get "bad stuff" like cookies and juices.

Friendly check in staff- place was very crowded, a bit dirty as a smaller staff couldn't keep up with the volume.

They said the gas was broken so no cooked food which I think they are famous for...Some healthy bits of salad (which normally is a nice reprieve...)...No desserts.......No cookies........No coffee cups....Lots of alcohol available but longish lines for it.....

So I went to the very nice check in staff and said, "Where's the crappy stuff? I promised my daughter crappy stuff." They very nicely went back into the kitchen and pulled out some apple pie squares.

It's meant to look cool and all, but like an American airport, it is too chaotic, some basics are missing, but the customers themselves were very friendly.

Last edited by peloton; Feb 20, 2017 at 9:02 am Reason: Poor spelling
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by peloton
Took my daughter with me yesterday. Told her if she skipped the bookstore, she could get "bad stuff" like cookies and juices.

Friendly check in staff- place was very crowded, a bit dirty as a smaller staff couldn't keep up with the volume.

They said the gas was broken so no cooked food which I think I am famous for...Some healthy bits of salad (which normally is a nice reprieve...)...No desserts.......No cookies........No coffee cups....Lots of alcohol available but longish lines for it.....

So I went to the very nice check in staff and said, "Where's the crappy stuff? I promised my daughter crappy stuff." They very nicely went back into the kitchen and pulled out some apple pie squares.

It's meant to look cool and all, but like an American airport, it is too chaotic, some basics are missing, but the customers themselves were very friendly.
Yeah unfortunately SFO lounge gets very crowded. No hot food made your experience worse, no doubt. The lounge isn't big enough to accomodate all the guests.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Was in for breakfast the other day, they had a new item (new to me), a sausage egg biscuit, it was very tasty. I borrowed some of the avocado mash they had for the eggs and spread it on... yummy!

*Also had the Bloody Mary for the 1st time... Bartender said it might be too spicy, was definitely good and not much spice to it, all in all, a great drink (It sounded like they make the tomato juice mix each day).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Lounge is overcrowded right now. They just have chairs scatters around so people can sit. Off to the United Club.

I wish there was self serve fountain soda. The bar line is way too long all the time.

Last edited by JHake10; Feb 20, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
Lounge is overcrowded right now. They just have chairs scatters around so people can sit. Off to the United Club.

I wish there was self serve fountain soda. The bar line is way too long all the time.
Hopefully United steps up and brings the Polaris lounge to SFO.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Hopefully United steps up and brings the Polaris lounge to SFO.
Since my flight is delayed I've been lounge hopping. Went to the UC in the international lounge and they have a wall up if you were to keep walking straight off the escalator. You now need to uturn and use that portion of the club. I assume this is Polaris related.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA
Just stopped by and the door was locked with a sign saying the lounge is temporarily closed due to a pipe breakage.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by adambadam

Also realize this is the wrong thread, but if you are in the Bay and go to Giants games, be sure the check out the CLEAR sports options for cutting the security lines at the ball park.
Wait, what? Can ou expand on that? Do you bring your Clear card with you? What exactly can you do?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
...expand on that? ...
Begin reading at post 118:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trust...l#post27376900

Also: https://sports.clearme.com/
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by chrisremo
Just stopped by and the door was locked with a sign saying the lounge is temporarily closed due to a pipe breakage.
Bad luck lately. Someone posted upthread about no hot food due to gas outage.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Just in this morning, pipe still broken, no hot food/water, they have some brown lunch bags with yogurt, bottled water, granola bars, only good things is wifi. I asked why they don't just close the club, reception didn't have an answer. Kind of useless with no bathrooms, food, drink etc... Quickly made my way to the UC for a cup of coffee.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by popoemt
Just in this morning, pipe still broken, no hot food/water, they have some brown lunch bags with yogurt, bottled water, granola bars, only good things is wifi. I asked why they don't just close the club, reception didn't have an answer. Kind of useless with no bathrooms, food, drink etc... Quickly made my way to the UC for a cup of coffee.
That's very frustrating. I'm at SFO all day. Was really counting on spending that time in a decent lounge. Did they give any indication as to whether the situation would improve today?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by popoemt
On the bright side, I bet it wasn't crowded.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
On the bright side, I bet it wasn't crowded.
Nice one, roaring with laughter in my office!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.