Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Am i the only who is upset at pork being offered? as many people can't eat it
Almost everyone can eat it; many people choose not to.

There are other food options, right? So why does it matter? For just about anything that they could offer, there are many people who choose not to eat or drink it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
The other choices were amazing, even the pumpkin thing, to keep vegetarian types happy. Maybe you are the only one who is upset...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
What type of pork is it?

IE how is the preparation?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
What type of pork is it?

IE how is the preparation?
"Slow roasted pork shoulder with apple lees vinegar"
sounds delicious to me-I'll have to try it myself in a month
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:12 am

I went with a few people the other day and everyone agreed that the pork shoulder was way too salty...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
If lounges were to adopt your logic, they wouldn't offer much except for still water. Some people are diabetic, others are gluten- or lactose-intolerant, others still are vegetarians or vegans and some choose not to eat pork for religious or other reasons. Why would you be upset by a certain food offering? Just eat whatever you like and grant this exact same right to others who may have different tastes from yours.

Free country, free choice.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: Continetnal Silver

No you are not the only one. There are many people we don't eat pork for religious or ethical reasons. And it's strange that this is the only meat option they offer.

I appreciate the creativity, but they should serve food which majority of people would be able to enjoy.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by JohnRain
If lounges were to adopt your logic, they wouldn't offer much except for still water. Some people are diabetic, others are gluten- or lactose-intolerant, others still are vegetarians or vegans and some choose not to eat pork for religious or other reasons. Why would you be upset by a certain food offering? Just eat whatever you like and grant this exact same right to others who may have different tastes from yours.

Free country, free choice.
^x2 Well stated response.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: A few
The question "is it a bad idea that they serve pork" is a little political correct, politically and religiously charged and a little unfair....

But the question "is it a bad idea that the ONLY meat they serve is pork" is more reasonable given there is in all honesty a sizable portion of the population in SFO and traveling through SFO that would have objections to it, and maybe an offering such as chicken would create less issues? Just a thought.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
The question "is it a bad idea that they serve pork" is a little political correct, politically and religiously charged and a little unfair....

But the question "is it a bad idea that the ONLY meat they serve is pork" is more reasonable given there is in all honesty a sizable portion of the population in SFO and traveling through SFO that would have objections to it, and maybe an offering such as chicken would create less issues? Just a thought.
Agreed. The OP didn't mention that they serve ONLY pork.
But rather than bringing it up here on FT, it would probably have been more efficient to raise the issue with lounge staff.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Post 174 includes a link to a Bloomberg article which lists the menu:

Lunch and dinner
Slow-roasted pork shoulder with apple lees vinegar and fennel

Fermented and grilled mushrooms, vinaigrette of charred leek

Salad of barley, squid, and celery

Pumpkin cooked in goat’s milk butter

Chestnut pudding with roasted chocolate
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Pork was the only main dish option when I was there last week.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
FWIW, the wonderful autumn menu complements nicely with the Saintsbury Pinot Noir ^
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:28 pm

SFO AMEX Centurion Lounge - the good and the bad

First visit to the new SFO Centurion Lounge today. The upsides were the food and wine quality (certainly a plus compared with United Club). But there were some unpleasant surprises, too. First, the lounge is surprisingly small, and as a result, it was more crowded feeling and chaotic than the terminal. Second, they refuse to provide any to-go cups for coffee. They claimed that it was an airport requirement that airline and credit card clubs don't allow any food/bev to exit the club to avoid competing with terminal food operators, but this clearly isn't true since the airline clubs do allow coffee to be carried out. Then they claimed that their goal was to provide food and bevs to be enjoyed in their space only. I know this is a small issue, and I understand that they don't want folks boxing up food to carry out onto planes, but to disallow a cup of coffee to be carried out of the club onto a plane is ridiculous!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by SFO 1K Flyer
...They claimed that it was an airport requirement that airline and credit card clubs don't allow any food/bev to exit the club to avoid competing with terminal food operators, but this clearly isn't true since the airline clubs do allow coffee to be carried out.
Hey cousin.

I believe they are technically correct. Many airport authorities do not allow competing services between concessionaires and private enterprise clubs. Even at Denver, the soda vending machines are disabled during most of the business day due to an agreement with restaurants selling bottled sodas that would be in competition with the vending machine providers.

As far as the UA club letting people take coffee out - that may be happening but it could very well be in violation of the lease agreement. By the same token, I don't expect UA to put a "coffee monitor" at the door to stop you from removing a tiny cup of coffee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.