Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by gooselee
Famous Grouse and Bulleit were available. The liquor selection was a pretty good selection of midrange stuff.

TSA doesn't blink an eye as long as you have a valid BP. I waltzed through T3 security with a DL BP and nobody even tried to tell me I was in the wrong place.
The wine selections are clearly solid, though for the cocktail menu. While I love PDT in NY, Jim Meehan clearly isn't a local. Nobody calls it it "Frisco." *twitch*

I seriously hope they replace the cocktail menu with something locally crafted.

Last edited by mia; Nov 7, 2014 at 7:39 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
They will let you through, but it means a 2nd trip through security when you go to your terminal.
TSA doesn't blink an eye as long as you have a valid BP. I waltzed through T3 security with a DL BP and nobody even tried to tell me I was in the wrong place.
Thanks, great to hear. I have no problem arriving at the airport early/leaving the airport a bit later and clearing TSA with Pre twice in order to experience this lounge. Definitely worth the walk and hassle over the equivalent Admirals Club/Sky Club/UA Club offerings, at least, IMO.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:53 pm

No, they don't let you through, if you ARRIVE at SFO. I arranged to meet a friend at the Centurion, and I'm sitting here in the stupid ticketing lobby because TSA does NOT let you in if you are not LEAVING SFO that day. And of course, I left my terminal, where I could have at least hung out at the awful Admiral's Club, and I can't get back in there, either.

This sucks.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Thanks for the photos. ^ The soft product seems less provisioned than the showers at DFW, unless there have been cutbacks at DFW too. (I haven't been to the lounge since June, but they had bottles of L'Occitane products earlier this year.)

They used the same fixtures as the DFW lounge, which is unfortunate because these are a total functional design fail. Water splatters everywhere and doesn't drain properly in the sink. The lack of a barrier besides a curtain in the shower means that water gets all over the shower room floor. The showers also got quite musty after the first few months at DFW. Furthermore, judging by the wait for the showers at the DFW lounge, I think you can forget about getting a quick shower at SFO unless you arrive at an off peak time.
I used the shower in LAS lounge, exactly the same problem, who the hell designed it, water everywhere...........

Luckily it was 8-10 pm and no wait for the shower
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:12 pm

One shower room only? Oh well, note to self, make sure to use UA arrivals lounge after INTL trip.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
Opening Day Photos

Happen to be landing in SFO today on opening day so had a visit. Got my Michelin starred cookbook from the in-house chef and a scented candle as the opening day gift too.

American Express Centurion Lounge San Francisco Photos

Probably the best lounge around for food and amenities - way better than UA Club.

There's also a pretty swank cocktail menu as well (attached).
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I used the shower in LAS lounge, exactly the same problem, who the hell designed it, water everywhere...........

Luckily it was 8-10 pm and no wait for the shower
I haven't been to LAS since the lounge opened there, but hopefully LAS and SFO don't have the oscillating water problem that's present at DFW. Every 20 seconds or so the water switches between cold and scalding. The bathroom's housekeeping also doesn't do a proper refresh during periods of high use. (Simply replacing the bath towel does not constitute a cleaning.)
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by Roothy99
No, they don't let you through, if you ARRIVE at SFO. I arranged to meet a friend at the Centurion, and I'm sitting here in the stupid ticketing lobby because TSA does NOT let you in if you are not LEAVING SFO that day. And of course, I left my terminal, where I could have at least hung out at the awful Admiral's Club, and I can't get back in there, either.

This sucks.
Dang! I was planning on checking it out upon arrival from Terminal 2.
There goes that plan!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Roothy99

This sucks.
Hmm, interesting and good to know. I wonder if Amex can provide some kind of gate passes for customers arriving on other airlines.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
Hmm, interesting and good to know. I wonder if Amex can provide some kind of gate passes for customers arriving on other airlines.
If not, there's always the "fully refundable ticket" option.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:52 am

Hope to be there in a week and a half

No reports on the 'CENT' gift yet? I figured this would be the busiest cent lounge? I don't expect any left by the time i get there

Love the wine wall idea....great job Amex
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by bizorbetter
No reports on the 'CENT' gift yet? I figured this would be the busiest cent lounge? I don't expect any left by the time i get there
Centurion and Platinum card holders I think get the same gifts: a cookbook and a candle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this one as this would be different from previous openings.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Gave Mrs. Lee the candle and she said "This smells like Vegas!"

We often stay at Aria...I guess whatever the Amex scent is does have that vanilla/orchid thing going. Still got a good laugh out of it though.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Gave Mrs. Lee the candle and she said "This smells like Vegas!"
Oh dear, that can go wrong very quickly!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Oh dear, that can go wrong very quickly!
Lol, my thoughts exactly!

They are making candles that smell like stale cigarette smoke, vomit, etc?

Last edited by mia; Nov 8, 2014 at 6:08 am Reason: Remove vulgarity

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.