Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by steveman518
Lucky has updated with a new post late last week:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...vember-6-2014/

Hours seem to be 5:00-23:00 with an event at 9:30 on the 6th

Looks like it'll be open for me to connect through SFO on UA up to 4 times in the next three months
Yeah! I'll be paying it a visit within 6 hours of the ribbon cutting! ^
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:29 am

Pics from inside the lounge: http://travelskills.com/2014/11/05/f...on-lounge-sfo/
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: Continetnal Silver
It looks to be very strange choice to have pork as the only main course option. There are many people that don't eat pork for religious reasons. I wonder if this will change.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How are you concluding that pork is the only option?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:26 pm

I think that was just for the special event, so no need to read into it too much...-the lounges typically would have more food than just one thing :P
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: Continetnal Silver
LGA Has only 1 option (Fried chicken) during lunch dinner. Anyway we will find out soon enough. Going to be there this Friday
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'll be stopping by next Friday. For those going tomorrow, let us know if there are any welcome gifts!
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by justdoinjjs
I'm taking Uber to SFO tomorrow. Perfect combo!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Exclusive look at the menu: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...o-airport.html
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by chongl
I'll be stopping by next Friday. For those going tomorrow, let us know if there are any welcome gifts!
It's open, and it's terrific. And there is a welcome gift, a cookbook from the Napa Valley executive chef. And probably for the last time ever, it's not crowded.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:39 am

Welcome gift

Originally Posted by riddlerandy
It's open, and it's terrific. And there is a welcome gift, a cookbook from the Napa Valley executive chef. And probably for the last time ever, it's not crowded.
The welcome gifts were a cookbook and scented candle. I was surprised it was open - we came around 8am. I thought we had to wait for the ribbon cutting at 9:30AM. Does anyone need to be guested in. Let me know - will be here until 10am.

Irene
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Hooray! Enjoy it, folks, and please keep the reports and photos coming.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Anybody know if Centurion members get a different gift?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
Full Review from View from the Wing

View from the Wing does their standard over the top review of the lounge with photos from every possible angle.

View from the Wing Centurion Lounge SFO Review
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by riddlerandy
Originally Posted by majsmom
The welcome gifts were a cookbook and scented candle. I was surprised it was open - we came around 8am. I thought we had to wait for the ribbon cutting at 9:30AM. Does anyone need to be guested in. Let me know - will be here until 10am.
To add specifics it's a Christopher Kostow cookbook and the candle with infused with the "American Express Signature scent." I chuckled a little at the latter, but I appreciate the effort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.