Adding Gold card on Business Platinum account

Old Dec 13, 13, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Adding Gold card on Business Platinum account

When I went to "Add Cards for Employees" on my Biz Plat account, there was the option to add a Business Gold card for 45 per card. Does this come with all the same benefits as the Business Rewards Gold card? If so it would appear to be a cheap way to get the 3x for airfare since the BRG is 175/year.
Old Dec 13, 13, 8:24 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by glynot View Post
Does this come with all the same benefits as the Business Rewards Gold card?
No, it will simply be a supplementary card which will earn points at the same rate as charges made with the primary card, but without the benefits provided by a Platinum card. You may also be able to add Green cards, perhaps for no annual fee.
Old Dec 14, 13, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, glad I asked before adding one.
Old Dec 15, 13, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
A big difference (although it's ending soon) is that additional cards that are not Plat will not have lounge access, even though the main card is Platinum.
Old Dec 19, 13, 4:25 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
For the OP it's the same as a regular Gold card.
If you call customer service they will be glad to add no annual fee 'green' cards to your account. All the terms remain the same including the rewards earning as your Platinum card at the top of the account.

I added 10 green cards - and this is exactly what we needed and its complimentary.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: