Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Accor Le Club Platinum Benefit for Amex Plat in Canada

Accor Le Club Platinum Benefit for Amex Plat in Canada

Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by markandrew
I have stayed at least at four Sofitels in the last year all booked on Hotwire and I have never been refused full benefits, they have usually indicated on check in that the stays were not eligible for points but at least once they ended up crediting the night rate.
Starwood's T&C are very clear. No point accrual and room enhancement if booked through 3rd party but all other Gold perks will be provided. So I have no problem. In fact, my experience has been that rates at SPG site are usually very competitive. Difference is small or none. Sometimes, it has better rates than 3rd party, e.g., Expedia or hotel.com. In any case, I was always acknowledged as a Gold level member and was always offered those extra Gold benefits that have not been excluded. For those times when I booked directly at SPG site, I was "upgraded" (or "enhanced"?) every time.

With Accor, the treatment received may be specific to this hotel. It may be the individual staff but it may also be instructions from management. I don't know. I can only say, in future, if there is a choice between Starwood and Accor, I'd book Starwood. A Platinum status at Accor means nothing.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Starwood's T&C are very clear. No point accrual and room enhancement if booked through 3rd party but all other Gold perks will be provided. So I have no problem. In fact, my experience has been that rates at SPG site are usually very competitive. Difference is small or none. Sometimes, it has better rates than 3rd party, e.g., Expedia or hotel.com. In any case, I was always acknowledged as a Gold level member and was always offered those extra Gold benefits that have not been excluded. For those times when I booked directly at SPG site, I was "upgraded" (or "enhanced"?) every time.

With Accor, the treatment received may be specific to this hotel. It may be the individual staff but it may also be instructions from management. I don't know. I can only say, in future, if there is a choice between Starwood and Accor, I'd book Starwood. A Platinum status at Accor means nothing.
SPG has a pretty efficient BRG (best rate guarantee) desk so if you find a better rate on a 3rd party, you will have the rate matched, the SPG benefits, points, and a 2000 starpoints bonus...
As for Accor BRG, from what I heard they are extremely bad (but did not try myself...)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Hello all ! I'm a US Amex Plat and have a few Accor reservations upcoming.

Also Marriott Plat, (and SPG Gold via Amex). US Amex Plat doesn't seem to do upgrade to Accor Le Club Plat unfortunately. Any tips?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
When did American Express Canada withdraw the Accor Platinum benefit?

(EDIT: saw it was May 2017). Bummer - now evaluating whether I keep this card or not (unlkely)

Bit of a shame of course now that Fairmont is part of the accor family...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:17 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Being both Accor Plat and Fairmont Plat there is no difference, Accor is worthless. Shudder to think what will happen to Fairmont after it is Accor-ified...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Had this printed on my (Canadian) Platinum card statement today:

The Platinum Card provides you with elevated status in many leading hotel loyalty programs, like Starwood Preferred Guest, Fairmont Presidents Club, or Le Club AccorHotels. For full details and how to enroll, visit americanexpress.ca/platinum.

Not withstanding the red flag of Fairmont Presidents Club not existing anymore, I was excited at the thought that they might be bringing the Accor benefit back. But I cant find any reference on the website. So did someone in billing just decide to slap an old blurb onto this months statements?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970

The Platinum Card provides you with elevated status in many leading hotel loyalty programs, like Starwood Preferred Guest, Fairmont Presidents Club, or Le Club AccorHotels. For full details and how to enroll, visit americanexpress.ca/platinum.

Not withstanding the red flag of Fairmont Presidents Club not existing anymore, I was excited at the thought that they might be bringing the Accor benefit back. But I cant find any reference on the website. So did someone in billing just decide to slap an old blurb onto this months statements?
I got nothing on my billing. Did you called them for inquiry ?

cheers
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by ireman
I got nothing on my billing. Did you called them for inquiry ?

cheers
Not yet, but I plan to when I have a chance.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Toronto1970

Looks like very outdated information. FPC doesn't exist anymore, SPG would cease to exist in less than one month, and Accor Le CLub never really existed to begin with . Also they don't mention HH Gold which is what they found to replace the loss of all those programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.