Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:02 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Anybody tried the Starbucks offer to buy a gift card? #AmexStarbucks on twitter

Full details:

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $10 or more on qualifying purchases online at store.starbucks.com by 12/31/2014. Offer not valid in-store.
TERMS
Offer valid online only at store.starbucks.com. Not valid on in-store and phone orders. Offer valid for US site only, all Starbucks international sites are excluded. Offer is only valid for purchases shipped within the United States. Offer is not valid on the following brands: Seattle's Best, Tazo Tea, Teavana, Evolution Fresh, and La Boulange. B2B transactions, including corporate gift card purchases are excluded. Starbucks Office Coffee (starbucksocs.com) and Starbucks Branded Solutions and Food Services (starbucksfs.com) are excluded. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 12/31/14, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: BMOQ:0001
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Anybody tried the Starbucks offer to buy a gift card? #AmexStarbucks on twitter
Yep, works fine.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RE: Starbucks gift card

Just sent myself a $10 e-gift card. No real risk -- if it doesn't work, I'm just adding $10 to my starbucks card.

I imediately got the "Congrats! You just used your Amex Offer" email from Amex. It will take a while to post but it seems to be working.

Great idea, thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Marriott Hotels
Spend $200 or more and get $50 back. YMMV
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks, used all Am Ex cards
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
I just noticed the best buy offer and I just bought a large purchase a week ago. Can I get them to give me the offer or because I didn't save it to my card beforehand, I'm out of luck?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by zorbachs
I just noticed the best buy offer and I just bought a large purchase a week ago. Can I get them to give me the offer or because I didn't save it to my card beforehand, I'm out of luck?
You are out of luck.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SONY

There is a $25 credit for $100 spend at SONY
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Happy
There is a $25 credit for $100 spend at SONY
Is there a hashtag for that one?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:24 pm

I have my Amex Serve card registered to my Twitter account. I added the #AmexStarbucks offer to my Serve card and I got the email from Amex/Twitter saying that I'm enrolled. Yesterday morning used it to reload my Starbucks card for $10 but I have NOT gotten an email from Amex saying that I utilized the offer. I just logged into my Serve account and went to Setting-> Offers and it doesn't list any offers under My Offers. It also says the $10 Starbucks transaction is On Hold under Active Transactions. Multiple questions...
1) Has anyone ever seen this happen with Serve Amex Offers?
2) Do Amex Offers for Serve usually show up in Settings->My Offers in your Serve account?
3) Is the transaction being "On Hold" indicative of a problem (the money shows up on my Starbucks card)?
4) If after a couple days this doesn't resolve, should I call Amex Serve?

As an aside...I also added this Starbucks offer to my HHonors Surpass card via a different Twitter account. I used that one first and I've got the "Thank You for Using This Offer" email from Amex within 20min of reloading my Starbucks card. I did these 2 transactions (HHonors Surpass and Serve) 3-4 hrs apart.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Is there a hashtag for that one?
#AmexSony
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
So I Synced the Starbucks offer on 4 cards, proceeded to load my Starbucks card with each back to back. Starbucks denied the last two loads but I received the "Congrats" message from Amex and the charge is pending. Starbucks says the preauth will fall off in a couple days....but will I be able to use the Amex offer again?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
The current Best Buy deal works great, got the $25 credit in less than 48 hours, but don't expect a confirmation email saying you used your registered card as in the past! That didn't come, but my credit did!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by ftomasze
So I Synced the Starbucks offer on 4 cards, proceeded to load my Starbucks card with each back to back. Starbucks denied the last two loads but I received the "Congrats" message from Amex and the charge is pending. Starbucks says the preauth will fall off in a couple days....but will I be able to use the Amex offer again?
Same issue and wondering the same thing. I waited 24 hours and tried another reload and got the same error. Come on Starbucks, it shouldn't be this hard to reload a card.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used the $5 on $15 order at WalMart.com on Friday night. Got the confirmation email literally within seconds. The charge already posted in activity, the offer said redeemed, and under the Savings tab, it said I have earned $5...

BUT, the actual credit is not there, yet...

In the past, the credit shows up and then the Savings tab would say you earned $. Now it is the other way round.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.