Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aSiAnRiCk
See also this thread: Automating AmEx Sync registration

Wiki to track Amex Sync credit. Some merchants seem to have Amex Sync cash back post in 2 business days.

Posted:
Amazon Purchase 12/4 Credit: 2 days
Best Buy Purchase: 12/27 Credit: 2 days
Sprouts (in store) Purchase 11/30 Credit: 2 days
Zappo's Purchase 12/5 Credit: 2 days
Kohl's (in store) purchase 12/20 Credit: 2 days
BP (at station) purchase 12/8 Credit: 2 days
Lowe's (in store) purchase 3/28/15, credit: 2 days
Target in store $30 back on $100+ spend, 6/20/15: 2 days
BJ's in store purchase 7/25/15 Credit: 1 day

Still waiting for credit
Sony (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
Forever 21 (in store) Purchase: 12/24 Credit: Not posted
AMC Theaters (in store) Purchase: 11/28 Credit: Not posted
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Maybe it's in this thread but I'll just go ahead and note that I can confirm the Airbnb credit is posting for $100 gift cards from Airbnb.com, we've had a bunch of them post.

But they won't post automatically like a credit for a regular booking transaction will. You've got to call in/online chat with a CSR to nudge it along. All my conversations have gone something along the lines of "I made a qualifying purchase per offer T&C's, but didn't get the usual email confirming the offer usage post purchase...so wanted to check on that". CSR checks on their end, does something like applying the offer to your purchase, and tells you the credit will post in 3-5 days. Usually hits in 2-3 days.

This has been a good offer for me, getting our UT ski condo booked for $650 off list price was a windfall. Thanks AMEX/Airbnb!
How many times have you done this? I have quite a few cards.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
How many times have you done this? I have quite a few cards.
Between 3 of us 13 times = $650.

12 x $100 Gift Cards all send to one account and applied to a $1350+ Airbnb booking...and then the $150+ balance charged on a 13th card which triggered auto credit.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Did anyone use the $10 off $20 Uber ride yet? I've done it a few times and still have not received the email from AMEX stating I've redeemed the offer. I made sure to add the correct CC in the Uber App before using.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Between 3 of us 13 times = $650.

12 x $100 Gift Cards all send to one account and applied to a $1350+ Airbnb booking...and then the $150+ balance charged on a 13th card which triggered auto credit.
This is encouraging. Did you happen to run into any clueless CSR's? I thought for sure they would start with the "please wait 90 days".
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
This is encouraging. Did you happen to run into any clueless CSR's? I thought for sure they would start with the "please wait 90 days".
One of my buddies said he had one that he just hung up on/ended chat and called back. I had no issues.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Did anyone use the $10 off $20 Uber ride yet? I've done it a few times and still have not received the email from AMEX stating I've redeemed the offer. I made sure to add the correct CC in the Uber App before using.
Worth a call. I took an Uber to the airport and had the email by the time I got through security. Charge posted the next day, credit the day after that.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:16 am

I'm sure AMEX will fix this as they will be getting many complaints. Just not sure at what point to really press the issue with them. I'm sure as hell not going to wait till March 31 2016 to get my $50 back.
What are your plans to insure that your $ 50 statement credit posts prior to the date Amex posted in the offer's t&c's?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tondoleo
What are your plans to insure that your $ 50 statement credit posts prior to the date Amex posted in the offer's t&c's?
CFPB
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:26 am

CFPB
Thanks for the info.

Has submitting a complaint about a delay in receiving an Amex Offer credit worked for you in the past?

Last edited by tondoleo; Nov 23, 2015 at 6:53 am
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tondoleo
Thanks for the info.

Has submitting a complaint about a delay in receiving and Amex Offer credit worked for you in the past?
It's worked for other matters. I hardly do Amex Sync offers but it would be interesting to see what happened.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:17 am

I just finished an online chat with an Amex CSR regarding the Airbnb offer. They told me that there is a "known problem" with that offer and that they would take care of everything for me. Supposedly I should see the credit within 5 days on all three cards that I used.

Based on the conversation, Amex is apparently well aware of the issue. I'd assume that they'll get this fixed eventually. But if you don't want to wait, it seems like a 5-minute chat will get things straightened out.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:23 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Loved the Advance Auto Parts offer, $20 off of $50--basically a 40% discount! (Offered on both my and my wife's card, so $40 off of $100. Couple that with their rewards program and an instant rebate on some premium wiper blades, and we ended up with about $150 worth of stuff for $60.

New wipers--front and rear, on both vehicles (which they installed righ then and there, free), 2 gallons of the expensive washer fluid, a bottle of Febreeze Auto, an emergency roadside kit, a can of tire shine, a bottle of chrome wheel cleaner, and a bag of Ice Melt to round one of the purchases up to $50...Quite happy with all of the stuff we got.

Credits posted a tad slow, relatively speaking...About 4 days for us on both cards...But not complaining, just reporting.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Loved the Advance Auto Parts offer, $20 off of $50--basically a 40% discount! (Offered on both my and my wife's card, so $40 off of $100. Couple that with their rewards program and an instant rebate on some premium wiper blades, and we ended up with about $150 worth of stuff for $60.

New wipers--front and rear, on both vehicles (which they installed righ then and there, free), 2 gallons of the expensive washer fluid, a bottle of Febreeze Auto, an emergency roadside kit, a can of tire shine, a bottle of chrome wheel cleaner, and a bag of Ice Melt to round one of the purchases up to $50...Quite happy with all of the stuff we got.

Credits posted a tad slow, relatively speaking...About 4 days for us on both cards...But not complaining, just reporting.
Which brand of blades did you get? The ones I have suck so bad I've been thinking about getting some new ones.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:00 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Which brand of blades did you get? The ones I have suck so bad I've been thinking about getting some new ones.
Bosch.

Bosch.

Bosch.

Nothing else but Bosch (specifically, their premium 'Icon' line). I've been using them for 10+ years. I've tried others, often just tearing them off when they're a week old, going back to an auto supply store with my tail between my legs, sucking it up and spending double or triple versus the cheapest brand, and never regretting it.

They clean and clear like no others I've tried. They're by far the best at faster highway speeds--I tend to do 80-85, and they hug the windshield quite well. No streaks (unless a foreign object like bug fragments or bird doo gets stuck in the blade).

I can easily get a full year+ out of them. Like now, I'll probably change the pairs I just put on after NEXT winter or midway through...Give or take. And this is in a harsh Michigan winter nonetheless.

79% on Amazon give them 5-stars. I give them 5 stars. From what I read, they're OEM on BMWs and other premium makes. They're probably the most expensive ones in Advance, AutoZone or O'Reilly's--but even if you only get a year out of them--It's what, amortized at $2/month for the pair more than the cheap Rain-X ones?

(I do not work for Bosch, I own no stock in Bosch and am not affiliated with Bosch. There are just certain brands I love for certain things, and Bosch takes the cake for wiper blades--that's all ).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:24 pm

If you live in a warm/hot climate, I'd definitely recommend Michelin. My last Bosch wipers performed very poorly. ANCO Contour surprisingly lasted a year, and wiped much better than Bosch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.