Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:32 pm

Have any Canadians been able to get the upgrade to Hilton Gold yet?
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:38 pm

Just called and got the promo. Could have used it this summer for sure.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Update: I called to sign up for the promotion on Tuesday, 11/5. My HHonors account now shows Gold, and it's 11/10! Success!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: Amex Canada Centurion (and all the fixings)...and 20,000,000+ misc. points/miles to spend!
Originally Posted by scentcrazy
Just called and got the promo. Could have used it this summer for sure.
Is this in reference to US or CDN plat?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:16 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tingalex
Is this in reference to US or CDN plat?
Most likely USA because scentcrazy is in Philadelphia.

scentcrazy

Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Data point: From time of request to account was 6 days for me.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:57 pm

Like others my account is now showing me with Gold status. Took about ~6-7 days
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:35 am

emailed them

Not available to us in the UK,
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It certainly wasn't live upgrade to Gold for us when we called in as (regular US personal) Amex Plat card holders. They said something about it taking several days for the HHonors account to get adjusted to Gold. We called in on Wednesday and Thursday for this.
Still not showing as Gold as of early Monday morning.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:44 pm

checked my HH account and i saw the gold status ! sweet !
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:38 pm

Yes tingalex this is for the US Plat.

Last edited by mia; Nov 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
For anyone that is currently Gold and registered, have you noticed any changes to your HH profile?

I am Gold this year, but have only stayed enough to requal for silver in 2014. I called Amex last week. Obviously my HH account currently shows Gold, but the little night/stay/points meter still say "Based on stays/nights/points earned this year, your 2014 tier would be Silver."

I'm not really worried, as I'd expect this to work similar to the other FTs where the meter doesn't show future status based on promotions. Just making sure nobody else in a similar situation is experiencing something different.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:05 pm
alc

Originally Posted by claurianta2
Have any Canadians been able to get the upgrade to Hilton Gold yet?
altitude75k who started the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...us-2014-a.html thread on the AC Forums said the account was updated (almost) immedately.... way before all of you reported it this week. If you have any question for altitude75k to understand how to get it updated quickly, you might want to send a reply on that thread, as I am not sure if altitude75k read the AMEX forum. I did question, and here is the respond I got:

Originally Posted by altitude75k
Expires 4/2015. I don't physically have the card as it can take 4-6 weeks to mail.
Originally Posted by alc
Originally Posted by altitude75k
You might want to check again. My Hilton account was linked today to my AMEX plat and now I am Hilton gold. I am a Canadian holder and not US btw.
You can use account mail if you don't want to call in.
From reading the thread on FT here and others web site, it does seems to be US only. Some did said the Cdn AMEX line willing to process the request for them, with many said they can't as it is for US only. But you are definitely the first that report the HHONORS account had been updated, as that is what it seems you are stating "now I am Hilton gold". All the others seems to get the "1-2 weeks" answer when asked about it. It will be good if this feature stick, as to be it will be same as giving lifetime status, which as we all know Hilton do not offer such thing at the moment. Same for any other status. I might just need to chuck this card once and then keep it forever.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum
I used the AMEX Secure Chat feature and asked for the HH Gold upgrade, and the account rep helped me immediately. This was on Tuesday morning, and as of today, I am still not showing Gold status on my HH account. However, one would hope it will be updated by early next week.

Edit: Contacted AMEX on Tuesday, 11/12. Today, Friday, 11/15, my HH account shows Gold status.

Last edited by Tripp11; Nov 15, 2013 at 11:01 am
Old Nov 14, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Pure speculation on my part, but the fact that the $75/year Amex Hilton Surpass just changed up to give free HH Gold with no spend requirement seems to be a strong indicator of the HH/Amex relationship, and a positive note for folks who are hoping that HH Gold becomes a permanent benefit of the Amex Plat.

The devil's advocate side would point out that perhaps Amex is trying to segregate the benefits, and make the Surpass stand out by offering something the unbranded cards do not. But that pattern does not seem to hold when considering the benefit overlaps between the Plat and SPG, or Plat an DL Reserve.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.