FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   [Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1518296-expired-hhonors-gold-usa-platinum-chargecard-holders.html)

MelloFlyer Nov 5, 2013 10:29 am

Called AMEX Plat desk and was easily enrolled. Just had to provide my HH# and agree to some terms.

I already have Gold Status for 2013. Agent informed me that current status with Hilton didn't matter as long as I had the Plat card I would have Gold Status with Hilton. She did mention that so far it was only through 2014.

I Love to Travel Nov 5, 2013 11:40 am

I called and the agent knew immediately about the new benefit and signed me up. My wife and I currently have a joint HHonors account and have gold through her Citi Reserve account. I would rather have it through Amex as part of an ongoing benefit. When agent read T&C's, he read that you must enroll by 12/31/13 and the benefit is good through 2014. CSR didn't know if the benefit would continue after that.

seanman571 Nov 5, 2013 7:44 pm

Spoke to someone at Amex Canada about an hour ago, the rep said that the calls to the Plat line about this status upgrade were non stop. He said he and no idea how the info got leaked but that the forums were buzzing about it. He said that it was supposed to be for US cardholders but some Cdn Plats got the email as well, he went on to say that marketing was in touch with Hilton about this and will most likely have to offer it to Canadians as a "make it right" type of thing.

Now, there has been a report of a Cdn Plat getting the status upgrade. So it may be one of those things where you have to call and call until a rep will enrol you for this benefit.

jerryhung Nov 5, 2013 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by seanman571 (Post 21735077)
Spoke to someone at Amex Canada about an hour ago, the rep said that the calls to the Plat line about this status upgrade were non stop. He said he and no idea how the info got leaked but that the forums were buzzing about it. He said that it was supposed to be for US cardholders but some Cdn Plats got the email as well, he went on to say that marketing was in touch with Hilton about this and will most likely have to offer it to Canadians as a "make it right" type of thing.

Now, there has been a report of a Cdn Plat getting the status upgrade. So it may be one of those things where you have to call and call until a rep will enrol you for this benefit.

I hope they do offer to CDN Platinum as well, but not sure how a USA-only promotion would interest CDN cardholders in the first place

We don't see CDN cardholers aiming for other USA-only promotions, or benefits (after all, $699/year is different than $450 USD/year, and benefits differ as well). CDN get a better Priority Pass than USA, does that mean US cardholers should ask for that too? :)

bj27 Nov 6, 2013 12:16 am

Called today and went through the phone tree (I went through card services, listened to ALL my account information... went through a few more prompts, and then finally pressed 0 for a representative. Is there an easier way to get to a non-concierge rep?!), and the rep knew exactly what I was talking about, though she said the promotion started in October and went through December 31st.

GateGuardian Nov 6, 2013 7:25 am

I have the CDN personal Amex Plat and called in this morning and the rep was not aware of this promotion.

gooselee Nov 6, 2013 9:58 am

Originally Posted by bj27 (Post 21736134)
Called today and went through the phone tree (I went through card services, listened to ALL my account information... went through a few more prompts, and then finally pressed 0 for a representative. Is there an easier way to get to a non-concierge rep?!), and the rep knew exactly what I was talking about, though she said the promotion started in October and went through December 31st.

Whenever I call for my US Plat, I just say "Card Services" as soon as it picks up, and then when the next prompt starts talking, I say "Representative". Usually gets me with a live person in ~30 seconds from when I press "Send" on my phone.

tingalex Nov 6, 2013 10:58 am

Just called Canadian Plat and CSR had no clue. Of course, he didn't even take the time to ask anyone else in the office, just scrolled through all the material on his screen and told me about Club Carlson gold status (as though I didn't know that already...) :rolleyes:

I'll try calling back in a couple days and seeing what they say. I swear these reps never go out of their way to help. They just sent me the Centurion invitation box for the 3rd year in a row...why make that investment when the platinum reps can't do sh*t most of the time anyway.

[end rant]

djrez4 Nov 6, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by medichill (Post 21727839)
Thanks for the tip djrez4!

My pleasure. I've received a lot from this site, so I try to help out the FT members when I can. It ain't often. ;)

xray Nov 6, 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tingalex (Post 21738716)
Just called Canadian Plat and CSR had no clue. Of course, he didn't even take the time to ask anyone else in the office, just scrolled through all the material on his screen and told me about Club Carlson gold status (as though I didn't know that already...) :rolleyes:

I think it's hilarious that they ask people around them who "might" have heard of the promo... Really ??? That's research ?

ocgasman Nov 6, 2013 5:01 pm

Called and signed up today. Easy peasy. I don't use Hiltons much, but gold is better than silver, which is what I had.

cardinalkid1891 Nov 6, 2013 5:47 pm

Is anyone's account showing up as Gold yet? I have a stay coming up next week, and would be great to have gold status

mojo2121 Nov 6, 2013 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891 (Post 21741111)
Is anyone's account showing up as Gold yet? I have a stay coming up next week, and would be great to have gold status

I just called up Amex and apparently the promotion doesn't START until 2014. Guess the plot thickens...

timmy83 Nov 6, 2013 8:06 pm

Signed up today as well. Agent stated that it would take 7 - 10 days for status to post. I didn't specifically ask about when it would apply (as I already have gold status), but he did state that as of now, the program ran until the end of 2014. I think I'll cancel that Citi card soon...

kburges Nov 6, 2013 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891 (Post 21741111)

my status has not changed from yesterday