Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Old Feb 5, 15, 3:24 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 746
Originally Posted by wesheltonj View Post
I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Is there any mention of American Express in anyone's email?
Just checked email again, no mention of Amex in the email - so I wonder if this came from HHonors side, as I haven't heard anything from Amex on this, and wesheltonj also got that response... although from what I recall, they didnt exactly broadcast the benefit for Platinum members when it was open.
levilevi is offline  
Old Feb 5, 15, 3:42 pm
  #227  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Posts: 10,389
Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Just checked email again, no mention of Amex in the email - so I wonder if this came from HHonors side, as I haven't heard anything from Amex on this, and wesheltonj also got that response... although from what I recall, they didnt exactly broadcast the benefit for Platinum members when it was open.
I haven't checked, but is there a thread about this in the HH forum? Seems to me that everyone over here is looking because they have an Amex Plat - may be interesting to see if anyone without the Amex got bumped.

I do have the Plat and did register for the original promo, but it did nothing for me at the time as I was already HH Gold from base points last year.

I did not requal for 2015 Gold (based on 2014 stays/points), but did get the email extending it to me even through I didn't meet the stay/point requirements. In case it makes any difference, I did burn through around 350k HH points last year and have several expensive stays booked with them this year...
gooselee is offline  
Old Feb 5, 15, 4:49 pm
  #228  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Posts: 12,755
Originally Posted by wesheltonj View Post
I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
It does not matter even you are AMEX's founding member.

The HH benefit is more like a promotion rather than a benefit. Based on the postings here, there are conflicting evidences on the exact detail of this "promotion", such as some get 1 year and some get 2 years.

So it does not seem AMEX wants to piss you off, but an absolute inconsistency with this promotion.

Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
I haven't checked, but is there a thread about this in the HH forum? Seems to me that everyone over here is looking because they have an Amex Plat - may be interesting to see if anyone without the Amex got bumped.
I am not the Mod. But cross-posting is explicitly not allowed.
garykung is offline  
Old Feb 5, 15, 11:34 pm
  #229  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Posts: 10,389
Originally Posted by garykung View Post

I am not the Mod. But cross-posting is explicitly not allowed.
I meant a thread about the seemingly random re-ups to Gold. If unrelated to the Amex promo, then could be two independent things.
gooselee is offline  
Old Feb 6, 15, 6:52 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Posts: 318
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
I am not the Mod. But cross-posting is explicitly not allowed.
I could be wrong, but talking about another forum on this site is not cross posting.
Tibs is offline  
Old Feb 7, 15, 4:22 am
  #231  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Posts: 12,755
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
I could be wrong, but talking about another forum on this site is not cross posting.
You misunderstand me. Read OP's original post (couple posts up) and you will understand.
garykung is offline  
Old Mar 17, 15, 10:18 am
  #232  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 245
Update, just was renewed to Gold by Hilton, not AMEX.
wesheltonj is offline  
Old Mar 17, 15, 6:24 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BOS/PVD/BDL
Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Posts: 725
Originally Posted by wesheltonj View Post
Update, just was renewed to Gold by Hilton, not AMEX.
I stayed at one Hilton last year while on free Amex HH gold and got a postcard yesterday that I got another year of gold. Thanks HH.
ktremor is offline  
Old Oct 7, 15, 6:21 am
  #234  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SAT
Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 5,571
This has now become a "permanent" benefit that is actually listed on the site. See this thread for discussion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-2015-a.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 7, 15 at 7:53 am Reason: Update link
mattp1987 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: