Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

[Expired] HHonors Gold for USA Platinum Chargecard holders

Old Jan 22, 15, 9:10 pm

Hilton Gold

Has anyone (platinum) had any success in getting Amex to renew, the Hilton Gold? Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 15, 6:35 am

I just looked into my gold status yesterday. I received it in early 2014 and Hilton claims it won't expire until 03/2016. And that's after I canceled my platinum card.
Old Jan 23, 15, 7:04 am

My Hhonors Gold status expires 3/2015. I intend to call Amex for some form of compensation for this lost benefit.
Old Jan 23, 15, 7:17 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by pallhedge View Post
...compensation for this lost benefit.
American Express offers a one-time extra benefit, and you think we should be compensated because it isn't permanent?
Old Jan 23, 15, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
American Express offers a one-time extra benefit, and you think we should be compensated because it isn't permanent?
I promise to only ask for a one-time compensation.

I took 2 Amex surveys in the last six months. In both surveys, I was asked to check off all the Platinum benefits I was aware of. Both times, the Hhonors Gold benefit was listed. I truly did expect them to continue this benefit.
Old Feb 2, 15, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Today i got an email saying I was reqalified for Gold now until 2016... not sure if it was from this, or from some hidden challenge I had or something? (had 2 stays 5 nights 14k base points so far in 2015, tomorrow will be 3 and 6 nights)
I'm guessing AMEX. Anyone else?
Old Feb 2, 15, 11:20 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
Today i got an email saying I was reqalified for Gold now until 2016... not sure if it was from this, or from some hidden challenge I had or something? (had 2 stays 5 nights 14k base points so far in 2015, tomorrow will be 3 and 6 nights)
I dunno, when I signed up, the card I got said I was gold until 3/2016 at that time.
Old Feb 3, 15, 12:06 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Same here. I stayed enough to make Silver, but not Gold. Very happy to get the boost to Gold!
Old Feb 3, 15, 4:01 pm

Same here - had just resigned to it falling off and going back to Blue, email came today out of the blue (oy... sorry! ) and pleasantly surprised!
Old Feb 3, 15, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow View Post
Same here. I stayed enough to make Silver, but not Gold. Very happy to get the boost to Gold!
Same with me as well. Just got the email.
Old Feb 4, 15, 6:40 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
i got bumped back down to Blue. BOOO..
Old Feb 4, 15, 6:53 am

Today i got an email saying I was reqalified for Gold now until 2016... not sure if it was from this, or from some hidden challenge I had or something?
Same here, Gold email yesterday with zero stays on my account last year.
Old Feb 4, 15, 5:16 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
I got my Amex Platinum after this offer had ended. In light of people getting emails about it being extended do you think it's worth the call to Amex to see if I can get HHonors Gold?

FWIW I am currently HHonors Silver on stays, the bump up would be nice.
Old Feb 5, 15, 1:04 pm

I called AMEX to day, and no not extending the Hilton Gold benefit for me. Thank you Marketing Department. Card member from 1983, never been late once, ever, nothing. It seems to me the marketing department is not concerned about keeping happy long time members. I guess they figure, we wont leave. I gave the card an extra year when the they dropped the AA benefit, not so sure that I will give them another year.
Old Feb 5, 15, 1:50 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Today i got an email saying I was reqalified for Gold now until 2016...
Is there any mention of American Express in anyone's email?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: