Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Emirates (EK) now MR (FR, USA, UK) transfer partner. 25% intro bonus.

Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Moderator action: To reduce clutter on the first page of the forum I have merged discussion of the UK and USA partnership, and the introductory bonuses. I may regret this later, but to minimize confusion please mention if you are reporting experiences with the UK or USA version of Membership Rewards.
Print Wikipost

Emirates (EK) now MR (FR, USA, UK) transfer partner. 25% intro bonus.

Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:17 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thumbs up Emirates (EK) now MR (FR, USA, UK) transfer partner. 25% intro bonus.

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...readcrumb=true

Transfer Membership Rewards® points into your Emirates Skywards account. The more points you convert, the more Miles you’ll have to spend on reward flights, upgrades, and more with Emirates.

Emirates operates flights across the globe. You can fly to over 130 destinations across six continents through their hub in Dubai, including nonstop flights from New York, Dallas, and Seattle to Dubai and New York to Milan. With Emirates you can enjoy world-class service and gourmet cuisine; plus up to 1,500 channels of award winning in-flight entertainment.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Wow, thanks for this useful information. About two weeks ago after obtaining Emirates status through my AMEX card, I contacted the Membership Rewards UK program to add my Emirates account and they said, we're sorry we do not have a relationship with Emirates.

At the time I remember thinking it is odd-- that they have an agreement to provide Emirates status but no relationship on points transfer. Who knows, maybe the status agreement was a precursor to the MR program relationship. Today the UK site still doesn't mention Emirates as an MR participant, but I'll check to see whether they might plan to roll it out also. I figured Emirates might be a great way to redeem points for a comfortable upgrade to Europe on their JFK-MXP flight at check-in versus carriers such as DL which require a $3K economy fare to be eligible for using an upgrade. While MXP is not my preferred destination, I figure starting or ending a European trip with La Scala is not a bad idea.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
How is award availability in F/J from the USA? Anyone have any prior experience?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by trach500
How is award availability in F/J from the USA? Anyone have any prior experience?
Saver space is semi-tough but not impossible... used to be much better. Usually business is available with some notice, but first (especially 2 on the same flight) your best bet is to wait to close-in and be flexible +/- a day or two on departure date. Exception is LAX-DXB next summer which is wide open for some reason. We snagged LAX-DXB-SEZ next summer (booking with AS miles).
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, *A Gold,CX Gold, 9W Plat,SPG Gold,EY Gold,Hilton Gold
wonderful News...
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:53 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I assume this is USA-centric news, as they don't appear on the UK list ?

hmmmm I see USA in title, did I miss that first time round, or was it added ?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:57 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Man, I should have waited before using up my Amex!

It makes great sense; just add American next!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I wonder when the first transfer bonus will be! A 50% bonus to celebrate their new Amex partnership would be great.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:00 am

Newbie here. If I were to transfer 80K points then will it give me status like Silver on Emirates or just points to use towards tickets/upgrade?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Only actual points - you have to earn status through "butt in seat" flying
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Great news!! Emirates F/J experiences always look awesome.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
great news!!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I am grinning ear to ear about this announcement although it is a tad bittersweet that it happened just as OneWorld signed up Qatar.

We went from "pain in the rear" options for redemption with MR into the region to, which carrier should I go to the Maldives on.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA, VA, EK Silver,
Can I transfer Virgin Atlantic miles to Emirates Skywards? It seems to say so, but not sure how....
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:35 am

Man, it costs a lot of miles for a ticket!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.