Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Centurion IDC to Another Country

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1mm, United 1K
Transferring Centurion IDC to Another Country

I've had Centurion IDC since I've been living abroad the past few years. Would now like to transfer to either Japan or US. Has anyone had any luck with this? Appreciate any feedback - thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Yes, you can transfer the Centurion IDC to any country EXCEPT the USA. You can get any USA card except the Centurion.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1mm, United 1K
Ok - thanks. Would be interested to know if anyone has had success transferring non-IDC Centurion (e.g. UK, Japan, Hong Kong) cards to US.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Wall Street
Ok - thanks. Would be interested to know if anyone has had success transferring non-IDC Centurion (e.g. UK, Japan, Hong Kong) cards to US.
Not anymore
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
No card can transfer to USA Centurion.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
Not quite a transfer in the true sense as I had to complete a new application but I just switched from the UK Centurion to the IDC Centurion and have the billing address etc in the US. They could only offer me US plat and I'd have to qualify on spend to get a US Cent as they don't do Global Transfer for the Cent....
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:19 am

Really quick.... what is IDC? What is different about it vs a normal card?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:56 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61i: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/298; U; en))

IDC is the acronym for International Dollar Card - a product from American Express International Currency Cards issued in the UK (available in USD and EUR). Check out http://americanexpress.com/idc
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: Amex Canadian Centurion
Idc

I have a Canadian Centurion. Any advantage to getting a IDC? Can I have both? Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Originally Posted by Konami2013
I have a Canadian Centurion. Any advantage to getting a IDC? Can I have both? Thank you.
I would think it is possible to have both cards, although my gut feeling is many of the benefits would be redundant. (ie. Do you really need to PP cards or status with the same airline, as you will be the primary cardholder on both accounts). Also remember that your charges will be converted into the currency of the card. Thus, unless you had a reason to run many US dollar charges or many Euro charges through the card to pay directly in that currency, I don't think it would make a lot of sense to establish another account that will have a separate MR program and not allow you to consolidate your charges. Also do you really want to make Canadian dollar charges, pay the forex into dollars and then pay the bill in US dollars? Conversely, if you are wanting to make lots of US Dollar or Euro charges and pay in that currency, then that might be a reason you would want to justify an application--i.e. that you are requesting and need a US Dollar or Euro card in addition to Canadian dollar card.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: Amex Canadian Centurion
Thanks LAXRus. Are there any status benefits on the IDC card vs the Canadian card? The Canadian one is quite limited to just Delta medallion gold and Marco Polo diamond I believe.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Anyone had experience transferring IDC to Canadian Centurion?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by jgsx
No card can transfer to USA Centurion.
That quote is from 2008, but is untrue.

Recently "transferred" (kept both) a Japanese Cent to a US Cent. It took one phone call + $7500. Considering the Japanese Cent is much harder to get, that's not a surprise.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
That quote is from 2008, but is untrue.

Recently "transferred" (kept both) a Japanese Cent to a US Cent. It took one phone call + $7500. Considering the Japanese Cent is much harder to get, that's not a surprise.
Interesting they weren't going to charge me the $7500 initiation; however my UK Centurion account I've had for 12+ years wasn't good enough for them, they couldn't tell me why but I'm guessing it is spend as payment history is perfect. I know for sure I don't spend $250k+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.