Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to VX Virgin America, 40% bonus through 9.30.2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) to VX Virgin America, 40% bonus through 9.30.2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:59 pm

I need to liquidate about 85K points because the $175 annual fee is coming up next week. Not a user of business/first class and just looking to maximize value.

Read the thread on "Best use of points" and to me it appears this is the best I can do
at this point. I am in Seattle so VX flies out from here.

Any thoughts/comments before I pull the trigger ? Tks !
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TravelMann
Help! I must be missing something. The chart that comes up when I look at Virgin Australia shows Business Class at 80,000 plus $850 in fees. Where can I book a 45,000 Elevate point award in Business Class to Australia??

As I re-read through this thread, if I misunderstood the posts, PainCorp needs to delete his original post. That is horribly misleading. There is *neither* a RT40K economy *NOR* a RT40K business option that I can see unless I am missing something. I just moved 50K AMEX points to beat the deadline and I can't use them as I don't need a OW award?!! The reply that was pasted is a ONE WAY chart and again, there is no 40K option for any flight in any class of service for OW or RT.

Normally, we are more reliable than this on these forums.
I don't need to do anything, I corrected myself later. YOU need to calm down.

And yes, you are missing something. I just looked and found a 40k RT award, so look more closely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.