Small Business Saturday [USA] - November 30, 2013

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 26, 13, 2:07 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 4aks
Wiki Link
This Wikipost can be edited by any member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner.

registration link: http://www.shopsmall.com

Until the details of the 2013 promotion are published, the best resource is the thread discussing the 2012 version:

American Express Small Business Saturday Will Return 11/24/12

Registration is limited and opens at 12:00am MST on Nov 24th, 2013 and ends Nov 30th unless registration limit is reached sooner. The limit number has not been disclosed by Amex.

some useful links:
www.shopsmall.com/offerterms
www.americanexpress.com/promote
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 3, 13, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Small Business Saturday [USA] - November 30, 2013

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...ss/Shop-Small/

Don't see anything about the $25 credit yet ...
Old Sep 3, 13, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat.
My family can't wait to use our 10 amex cards!
Old Sep 3, 13, 7:21 pm

I will be in Europe on November 30, 2013. Does anyone remember whether I can purchase $25 gift certificate online for the $25 credit back from AMEX?
Old Sep 6, 13, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Just thinking outloud

Will BlueBird cards work?
Old Sep 7, 13, 8:05 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
I'm somewhat skeptical they will allow $25 per card again this year... just too good to be true. That said it will give plenty of opportunity for certain pimping bloggers to pimp Amex cards for the next several months
Old Sep 7, 13, 3:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by mromero07 View Post
Will BlueBird cards work?
In the past prepaid cards, gift cards, and corporate cards were not eligible.
Old Sep 7, 13, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold,Club Accor Conci
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I'm somewhat skeptical they will allow $25 per card again this year... just too good to be true. That said it will give plenty of opportunity for certain pimping bloggers to pimp Amex cards for the next several months
They still had the money back offer on purchases for shop small month here in the UK but it was more restrictive. Spend 10 get 5 back.
Old Sep 21, 13, 3:16 pm
Original Member

American Express Small Business Saturday

The American Express Small Business Saturday offer will be on November 30 this year. In previous years it offered a $25 credit per American Express credit card for purchases of that or more at a very large number of small businesses. I think I received $100 last year for the 4 Amex cards I happened to have at the time. Cards include the Delta Airlines card, the Starwood card, all cards earning Membership Rewards points, and all other American Express cards. Time to plan ahead to get the cards in time for this year's offer.
Old Sep 21, 13, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pgary View Post
The American Express Small Business Saturday offer will be on November 30 this year. In previous years it offered a $25 credit per American Express credit card for purchases of that or more at a very large number of small businesses. I think I received $100 last year for the 4 Amex cards I happened to have at the time. Cards include the Delta Airlines card, the Starwood card, all cards earning Membership Rewards points, and all other American Express cards. Time to plan ahead to get the cards in time for this year's offer.
Thanks. Good stuff!
Old Sep 22, 13, 5:44 am

Last year I think I ran 10 of them on the credit card machine at my wife's business. This year it will be 12 cards. Remember, you can also get the credit for the AU card.
Old Sep 23, 13, 10:11 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Twodawgs View Post
Last year I think I ran 10 of them on the credit card machine at my wife's business. This year it will be 12 cards. Remember, you can also get the credit for the AU card.

This is the fastest way to destroy such great promotions. The promotion is there to boost the business of small enterprises which are part of the American lifestyle.

I am very upset now.
Old Sep 23, 13, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold,Club Accor Conci
Originally Posted by Twodawgs View Post
Im pretty sure thats against your wife's merchant agreement.
Old Sep 23, 13, 10:27 am

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Originally Posted by gum View Post

This is the fastest way to destroy such great promotions. The promotion is there to boost the business of small enterprises which are part of the American lifestyle.

I am very upset now.
Er, actually... no... the promotion is there to boost the interchange fees American Express charges... because lots of small businesses don't accept them because those fees are so high.... need to get real
Old Sep 24, 13, 3:11 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Very easy cross- and upselling possible

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Er, actually... no... the promotion is there to boost the interchange fees American Express charges... because lots of small businesses don't accept them because those fees are so high.... need to get real
Let's have a short glimpse into the business of owners of small and medium enterprises:

+ There's a lot of evidence that the average purchase of creditcard holders is larger then the penny-pincher cashpayers.
+ People buy larger items/versions of articles like: The large coffee at a coffee house or bakery.
+ Cash-paying involves many fees and costs you don't see: The time and efforts to bring coins to the bank and get change, especially if you have a "9" pricing.

Therefore I am firmly convinced that this promotion boosts the business of small shop owners.

Furthermore for me the "American Express card acceptance" sign in the door is a sign of trust. As I know that they have a very professional fraud department I know that they "throw out" merchants acting against the agreement.

Therefore the card acceptance transports confidence, is a sign of American lifestyle as well as a customer-friendly orientation of the business owner.

That said I think back to more than 180 or so coffee/croissant-breakfasts I have paid with my Amex during this year.
Old Sep 24, 13, 3:55 am

I must have been lucky from what people seem to be mentioning about Amex acceptance in the US. I know I'm only in the US about 3 months a year but I don't think I've ever been anywhere that hasn't taken Amex in the US, including many small businesses. I know I've been to one or two small restaurants that have only taken Amex though.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: