FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Complimentary lounge access after card cancelled? (UK AmEx Gold) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1494326-complimentary-lounge-access-after-card-cancelled-uk-amex-gold.html)

Frenske Aug 15, 2013 3:12 am

Complimentary lounge access after card cancelled? (UK AmEx Gold)

Can someone tell me, if I can use the complimentary lounge access even after I cancelled the AmEx Gold card?

I would think yes, as long as the lounge card is valid, but I rather double check.

Seshy Aug 15, 2013 3:17 am

The lounge card does get cancelled once you cancel your Amex card. It may take a couple of extra weeks from the Amex closing date though.

Frenske Aug 16, 2013 3:15 am

Darn. It does not look like I am not going fly for a while where I cannot use the BA lounge.

Another question. Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?

reclusive46 Aug 16, 2013 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Frenske (Post 21282886)
Darn. It does not look like I am not going fly for a while where I cannot use the BA lounge.

Another question. Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?

You can't use them for you and a guest just you. Although with my priority pass (Where you are always included and 1 guest is included), I have got some lounges to put 2 lots of 2 1 guest and me if there is 4 people. They get the same amount of money at the end of the day, so don't really care.

LAXRuss Aug 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Complimentary lounge access after card cancelled? (UK AmEx Gold)

As a follow up-- if I have two Priority Passes, one from my US Amex card and one from an overseas Amex one, will some lounges routinely allow me to swipe both cards to avoid signing my guest in with the $27 fee? Only experience I had a few years ago was DL at JFK where a lounge dragon said I could not bring in a friend and his three dependents after we had flown together in business elite awaiting our connecting flight because they had economy opup tickets. At that time I said here is my lifetime Worldclub card, two Amex cards and two priority passes (when DL still used them) and I asked can you find a way to charge our visit off to all theses accounts? They relented and let us all in without scanning any.

vodkashine Aug 16, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm going to try that next time they give me any guff!

Originally Posted by LAXRuss (Post 21286661)
As a follow up-- if I have two Priority Passes, one from my US Amex card and one from an overseas Amex one, will some lounges routinely allow me to swipe both cards to avoid signing my guest in with the $27 fee? Only experience I had a few years ago was DL at JFK where a lounge dragon said I could not bring in a friend and his three dependents after we had flown together in business elite awaiting our connecting flight because they had economy opup tickets. At that time I said here is my lifetime Worldclub card, two Amex cards and two priority passes (when DL still used them) and I asked can you find a way to charge our visit off to all theses accounts? They relented and let us all in without scanning any.

louie-m Aug 20, 2013 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Frenske (Post 21282886)
Can you use the two complimentary lounge passes in one "transaction" i.e. bring a guest with you ... or are guests always included?

Originally Posted by reclusive46 (Post 21283800)
You can't use them for you and a guest just you. Although with my priority pass (Where you are always included and 1 guest is included), I have got some lounges to put 2 lots of 2 1 guest and me if there is 4 people. They get the same amount of money at the end of the day, so don't really care.

Yes you can....

"5.We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUBTM, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUBTM card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUBTM which are available in full at www.loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them"

reclusive46 Aug 20, 2013 7:45 am

Originally Posted by louie-m (Post 21303336)
Yes you can....

"5.We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUBTM programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary card holder to LOUNGE CLUBTM, and issue a card and lounge listing. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUBTM card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUBTM which are available in full at www.loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a card. You also confirm that lounges may charge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person, per visit) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them"

Thats definitely changed, when I had the gold card there was a charge for guest no matter what. I've used my PP from my plat card for a few years now, so must have changed since then.