[Expired] 30k Starwood Amex (USA) offer.

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 8, 13, 2:24 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This offer has expired, and the thread has been moved back to the Credit Card Programs forum.

Apply for the PERSONAL card here:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/p...ard/25330-10-0
If you are identified as a current American Express® Cardmember, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months.

Apply for the BUSINESS card here:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...rd/apply/0-9-0
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months.
Holding a personal card does not disqualify you for the business bonus, or vice-versa.

Do not apply for both cards on the same day. See these posts: 154 and 155.

Remember, any member who can see the [EDIT] button in the lower right corner of this post can edit the Wiki.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 1, 13, 1:29 pm
Used to be 'captainjeffrey'
Original Poster

Thumbs up [Expired] 30k Starwood Amex (USA) offer.

Clicking the link went to a 25k offer, however, the following banner showed up on FT...

Old Aug 1, 13, 1:50 pm

Awesome, it looks like it is going to happen again. I am ready to apply for the business version this time around.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Since this card isn't churnable, once you get the personal + business, you're basically locked out of future offers, correct? Even if you cancel and reapply in 2+ years, it seems the T&Cs isn't too churn-friendly.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pricesquire View Post
this card isn't churnable
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:20 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Even if you cancel and reapply in 2+ years, it seems the T&Cs isn't too churn-friendly.
I don't understand your interpretation of the terms which read:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia View Post
I don't understand your interpretation of the terms which read:
For some reason, your post after mine is making me laugh pretty hard.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Gotcha. Unfortunately, my spg amex is my oldest account. Not a good move to cancel with the idea of reapplying in 12 months.

The T&C's I read last was "bonus not available to anyone but first time cardholders"

Been reading a lot of T&Cs lately...maybe I'm confusing it with another program.
Old Aug 1, 13, 2:54 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Gotcha. Unfortunately, my spg amex is my oldest account. Not a good move to cancel with the idea of reapplying in 12 months.

The T&C's I read last was "bonus not available to anyone but first time cardholders"

Been reading a lot of T&Cs lately...maybe I'm confusing it with another program.
Any Centurion Bank-issued American Express card you open will backdate to your oldest Amex's year of opening. So you will never "lose" your oldest Amex so long as you have one open and/or showing on your credit reports. ^
Old Aug 1, 13, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oceandreamer View Post
Any Centurion Bank-issued American Express card you open will backdate to your oldest Amex's year of opening. So you will never "lose" your oldest Amex so long as you have one open and/or showing on your credit reports. ^
I have two amexes. One SPG, one Hilton Surpass.

What you're saying is...if I keep my Hilton, I can cancel my SPG, wait a year, and reapply (without losing oldest account?)??
Old Aug 1, 13, 3:27 pm

I have Amex HH regular card...when I clicked on the 25.000 offer Amex web site said that I maybe not eligible for 25.000 offer (in another window, I was still logged into my Amex account). I`ve never had SPG card. Now with 30.000 am ready to try this card but I guess that warning was only for those who have previously had or now have this card and that I should be OK?
Old Aug 1, 13, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tedimed View Post
I have Amex HH regular card...when I clicked on the 25.000 offer Amex web site said that I maybe not eligible for 25.000 offer (in another window, I was still logged into my Amex account). I`ve never had SPG card. Now with 30.000 am ready to try this card but I guess that warning was only for those who have previously had or now have this card and that I should be OK?
I got that thing too and never had SPG card. Think the offer is not yet ready to go live...otherwise the bloggers would have been all over it too.
Old Aug 1, 13, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by terpfan101 View Post
I got that thing too and never had SPG card. Think the offer is not yet ready to go live...otherwise the bloggers would have been all over it too.
How else do you know a deal is real?

Old Aug 1, 13, 5:13 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Since this card isn't churnable, once you get the personal + business, you're basically locked out of future offers, correct? Even if you cancel and reapply in 2+ years, it seems the T&Cs isn't too churn-friendly.
I haven't had this card in a while but have had 3 since 2006 and always got the points
Old Aug 1, 13, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Hitting the 1 year mark in 5 days. I'll cancel soon, hang out for 12 months, and reapply. It is my oldest account though, so I hope this whole "as long as you have an open AMEX you're fine" thing works.
Old Aug 1, 13, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Just to clarify

Your account needs to be closed for 12 months to requalify, not 12 months from application.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: