Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thefirst
I'm having AA Exec flashbacks....MMmmmm

Had the AF posted already? (and if so, how soon did it post after account opening?)
It posts on the last day of the first statement closing.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:33 am

I just got an offer for a 50k Delta Skymiles/2k spend DL Gold card with 6 months of Delta Gold Medallion. I'm almost at Delta Silver this year and will probably fly Delta about 6 more times this year to push me over the edge. Is it worth getting the Delta gold card?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Toasterthief
I just got an offer for a 50k Delta Skymiles/2k spend DL Gold card with 6 months of Delta Gold Medallion. I'm almost at Delta Silver this year and will probably fly Delta about 6 more times this year to push me over the edge. Is it worth getting the Delta gold card?
For 50k miles, yes. It's a good offer. Highest public was I think 50k plus 100$ statement. Don't know when it'll come back.

Last edited by hiima; Jul 20, 2016 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Girlfriend just got an offer in the mail for the DL AMEX Gold for 50k miles but the real kicker is that it also promises 6 months of DL Gold after the $2k intro spend to.

Looks like the offer is tied directly to her SkyMiles number the mail offer sends you to the following and has you input the SkyMiles number (no invite code or anything).

http://goldstatus50k.com/

Last edited by Duke787; Jul 26, 2016 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Toasterthief
I got that too. Considering getting it to test out their status perks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Looks like the offer is tied directly to her SkyMiles number the mail offer sends you to the following and has you input the SkyMiles number (no invite code or anything).

http://goldstatus50k.com/
Interesting, I just tried to log in using that URL and get some sort of error message.

Today I got an offer in the mail for the Gold DL card. 60k miles, $50 statement credit after DL purchase, no AF first year; all for $1k spend in 3 months.

I've never had any of the Delta Amex cards since I didn't really see the need (refill my Skypesos balance with Suntrust debit card), but this seems like a really good offer to me.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:35 pm

Question about Amex Skymiles card statement credits

My partner and I took advantage of all the amex delta sky mile card promos. We noticed that they had statement credits to gold and platinum cards for delta purchases within first 3 months. Does anyone know if this works for GCs like it does for general amex platinum?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:39 pm

YES
$50 Statement Credit

One statement credit for $50 will be issued to your Card account after a Delta purchase is charged to your Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Purchases to meet the spend requirement include those made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the Card Account. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. A purchase may not qualify for the statement credit if it is submitted under a merchant code that has not been categorized as a Delta merchant code as of the date of the purchase(s). Credit will be issued as a Card Member statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the $50 statement credit, your Card account must be active, in good standing, and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

You can earn a $50 statement credit after you make a qualifying Delta purchase on your Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to make a Delta purchase may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). The $50 statement credit will be issued as a Card Member statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. For questions regarding your Card account, please call the number on the back of your Card.

American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I signed up for the public offer of 50k DL miles with $2k spend. I spent $1965.xx so far for about a month and the miles already showed up in my acct. Way to go, Amex!!!

I will spend the rest to make the $2k mark
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:28 am

delta aex invitation-50000 miles

Just received an invitation to get delta sky miles aex ,spend $1000 and receive 50000 sky miles . I did have a sky miles aex previously. Will I receive the bonus 50000 miles? I was solicited by sky miles for this bonus.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Does the offer have any language saying that the welcome offer is not available if you ever have the card?

Also - 50K SkyPeso is really nothing...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:06 am

Just confirmed via chat than ANY purchase on delta.com qualifies for the $50 credit, including gift cards.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by dibo57
Just received an invitation to get delta sky miles aex ,spend $1000 and receive 50000 sky miles . I did have a sky miles aex previously. Will I receive the bonus 50000 miles? I was solicited by sky miles for this bonus.
My bonus posted yesterday. Had this card before, ~2007.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Also - 50K SkyPeso is really nothing...
In the US, no, it's not. But I just found out how valuable they can be for use on partners. I booked several flights in Asia using Delta miles, and they were all 12.5k per person each way, with next to no fees. Lots of availability, too. With those redemptions levels (the likes of which haven't been seen in the US in a long time), Skymiles are actually worth something.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Maybe this is not news to anyone but I just purchased a Delta flight, then used the 24-hour cancellation window to cancel the flight. Still got the $100 credit on my Amex Platinum the next day despite the fact that the purchase was debited and credited back to my Amex already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.