Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Same. Instant approval.
Was this a targeted offer that needs an RSVP code or can anyone follow the link he three of you got?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold
It seems like a targeted offer with a unique code in the link.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by vikaga
I just got a 50K with $1000 spend in 3 months and $50 statement credit offer. I think it was a targeted offer.
I got it too. I may go for it next month!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Was this a targeted offer...
No RSVP code, only these: Consumer Card POID: AP7Q:0002; Small Business Card POID: APK8:0002
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
No RSVP code, only these: Consumer Card POID: AP7Q:0002; Small Business Card POID: APK8:0002
OP updated with information about targeted email.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:51 pm
wcj

DL Plat offer rec'd via email. $100 statement credit by making DL purchase within three months, 15k bonus miles and 5k MQMs on first purchase; 30k bonus, 10k MQMs after $1k spend in three months.

I see a link that takes me to a page that says Hi Mr. WCJ, but the offer codes are AP7Q:0004 for personal card and AP8Q:0004 for business card.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I got an email offer today for a Delta Gold, 50K miles after $1000 spending in 3 months, first year fee waived! I might pull the trigger on this in October as I am looking to get some skypesos for domestic tickets.
Time for us to get this one...targeted to my husband
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by mia
So it was an offer for Personal & Biz card at 50k for $1k spend?
I'm gonna SM Amex and see if they'll match the bonus for my recent personal and business card... Doesn't hurt! Will report back
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
So it was an offer for Personal & Biz card at 50k for $1k spend?
I'm gonna SM Amex and see if they'll match the bonus for my recent personal and business card... Doesn't hurt! Will report back
Forgot that Amex nixed the SM feature at the end of Aug. Went into chat, totally no dice to matching offers. Tried twice. haha. Bummer.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:30 am

I just got the gold 50K + $50 offer. Can I seek FT'ers advice?

- I will definitely sign up for a personal card this week, but don't feel like paying the annual fee to renew.
- This means I will have to go September 2014 - October 2015 w/o a personal gold card.

- I plan to do a big fun trip w/ my husband in May/June or September/October of 2015. Since we might be cobbling itineraries together, it might be nice to have the free luggage of a Gold Business card at that time. If that's still a perk by then.
- On the other hand, I'll be booking big travel w/ my husband as early as May/June of 2014 (when bookings open up) and it might be nice to have $50 extra in my wallet & 50K extra miles in my account. If said 50K miles haven't devalued by then.

What do you think?
- Should I apply for both personal & business cards now and go "bare," luggage-wise, from September 2014 till October 2015 for a year?
- Or should I wait until September/October/November 2014 to apply for a business card (with whatever the signup bonus is then)?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mia
Same. Instant approval.
I got this offer as well. Could only apply for one card using the link.

Tried to go back and do the business after doing the personal but got the message thanking me for applying.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
My Special Offer

I've been looking for "my special offer " for weeks, using the Delta Amex offer page. I keep getting " Sorry our records indicate you already have a Delta Card".
I had a Plat Delta Amex , but closed it six months ago.
I wonder if that would indicate I won't get the 45,000 mile bonus, If I use the CreditCards dot com offer?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:41 pm

Smile

how did you get this offer, i knew now they only had 30k after $500

Originally Posted by kitkatft
I just got the gold 50K + $50 offer. Can I seek FT'ers advice?

- I will definitely sign up for a personal card this week, but don't feel like paying the annual fee to renew.
- This means I will have to go September 2014 - October 2015 w/o a personal gold card.

- I plan to do a big fun trip w/ my husband in May/June or September/October of 2015. Since we might be cobbling itineraries together, it might be nice to have the free luggage of a Gold Business card at that time. If that's still a perk by then.
- On the other hand, I'll be booking big travel w/ my husband as early as May/June of 2014 (when bookings open up) and it might be nice to have $50 extra in my wallet & 50K extra miles in my account. If said 50K miles haven't devalued by then.

What do you think?
- Should I apply for both personal & business cards now and go "bare," luggage-wise, from September 2014 till October 2015 for a year?
- Or should I wait until September/October/November 2014 to apply for a business card (with whatever the signup bonus is then)?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by gg22
how did you get this offer, i knew now they only had 30k after $500
It came to me by email. For the last 8 months or so I'd been getting emails from Delta every 2 months offering me a special credit card deal.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:17 pm

I have another question: I won't be flying Delta within the next 3 months and have no plans to buy any tickets from them soon. So I'm limited to "Delta purchases" I can do from the comforts of home that don't involve booking flights. I have 3 months to make a "Delta purchase" for my statement credit.

Is there anything cheaper than a $50 gift card purchase that doesn't put me more than $10 out of pocket?

I would definitely use a Delta gift card within the next 10 years (I'm hub-captive and purchase Delta flights 1-3x/year), but I'd rather not lock up my whole $50 statement credit in a $50 gift card I won't see the value of for months and months.

Any other ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.