Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: All of em...
Approved for the 30k offer instantly online. This is my 2nd Delta personal card. 1st was canceled just over 14 months ago.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL
Best Amex Delta card for small business

Hello

I'm new to the forum and have been searching posts for the best Amex DL card for a small business. We have a wells fargo business visa and have been struggling for years to find a better system for earning points, miles, etc. I travel quite a bit and would like all employee purchases to go towards miles for myself. Is this option even out there or are we dreaming?? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:24 pm
In memoriam

Although the card companies try to convince people that business cards are a good thing--really they are a bad thing (unless you are getting a big bonus on a new card).

1. Business card users are not protected by the Fair Credit Billing Act or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This can be a very big deal if fraud or billing error problems come up.

2. The small business owner is going to have to accept personal liability on the account--so, its not really a business credit card account.

Just get a personal card (perhaps Chase Sapphire Prefered or Amex SPG). Much better deal, legally.

And, why in heaven's name would anyone look to get more Delta miles?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL
I already have the Amex res card...just wondering if there's a better system than a personal card with the business connection. Thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any current Skymiles card offers w greater than 5k/10k MQM?

Specifically, anything out there better than the 10 RDM + 5 MQM (Plat) or 20 RDM + 10 MQM (Reserve), neither of which have FYF?

Seems a bit quiet for Delta cards (I think)...
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Maybe they spent all the miles they bought initially. Does anybody know when the contract between AMEX and Delta runs out - at some point I thought it was a 5 year agreement, but I am not 100% sure.

When I cancelled mine a few weeks ago just before the annual fee I had a conversation with the CSR regarding the benefits. Even he admitted that as soon as you are silver there is really no benefit, you are actually better off with the AMEX gold in terms of mileage earnings. There was no attempt to get me to keep the card.

There are a few targeted offers here and there, but not any big push that I can detect.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:38 am

Two at a time?

Does the 2bm work with Delta Amex? Was thinking to get the personal and business versions of the 30k or 35k cards.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: DL, AA, BA, SPG
Ongoing offers for Delta Amex Master Thread

Haven't held a Delta Amex in several years but was thinking of getting in on a current offer. I know that companion tickets are no longer given with the gold card- are they still available with platinum and reserve? Also, Amex used to reduce the annual fee if you had another qualifying Amex charge card. Do they still do this? Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:15 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by hennaLisa
Does the 2bm work with Delta Amex? Was thinking to get the personal and business versions of the 30k or 35k cards.
Yes
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:26 pm

Smile my best delta amex offer expired help

i got delta paper offer to show get 50k after spend $2000 in first 3 months, now it drop to 30k, is there anyway to get 50k offer back other suggestions since i need delta miles to book a long international flight this dec 2013, please help me..
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:33 pm

i got delta paper offer to show get 50k after spend $2000 in first 3 months, now it drop to 30k, is there anyway to get 50k offer back other suggestions since i need delta miles to book a long international flight this dec 2013, please help me..
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by gg22
Go to creditcards.com/cardmatch, put your info in, minus your SSN, and see what it offers.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:46 pm

this offer is expired for me, how can i request they send me again?

thanks a lot

Originally Posted by wcj
Gold Delta Amex

50k pesos plus $50 statement credit offers are in the mail, received it twice in the last two months

35k via email
this offer is expired for me, how can i request they send me again?

thanks a lot

Originally Posted by wcj
Gold Delta Amex

50k pesos plus $50 statement credit offers are in the mail, received it twice in the last two months

35k via email
Originally Posted by sharka
Do you still hold this card? My understanding is with Amex it's 1 yr after closing card and exact same card is churn able again.

Also receive the 50k sky peso offer in email today. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on this as don't they sometimes have a much better offer such as 70-100k bonus offers?
yes i got 45k directly link to america express webpage, but they ask to spend $5000 , too much than old offer i got from delta which send to me through mail, any help to get that offer again?

thanks a lot

Originally Posted by michael_v
Go to creditcards.com/cardmatch, put your info in, minus your SSN, and see what it offers.

Last edited by mia; Sep 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
While its not quite as good as your original offer you can get 45k mi for $5k spend in 6mo. No need to enter your SSN.

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/

Are you planning to book in Dec or actually travel in Dec? If the latter, you may not be able to find your desired flights by the time the miles post.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gg22
yes i got 45k directly link to america express webpage, but they ask to spend $5000 , too much than old offer i got from delta which send to me through mail, any help to get that offer again?

thanks a lot
Calm down, dude, it's just miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.