Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA
See, I am not a DL flyer. This year I'll become DM silver because of the 6 AM and 2 SU flights I flew. I had no idea about DL redemption rates. Now I know why I call it SkyPesos. I'll mostly pass on the offer.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Its the Skymiles Gold with no annual fee the first year. 60k + $50 (on delta only) statement credit. I might have to pull the trigger on this because I think this is the highest Ive seen with a low spending requirement.
That's a (somewhat) common targeted mailed offer. My wife and I both got the exact same offer that you did in the mail on the same day back in like February or March. A bunch of others on here reported also getting the same offer in the mail.

We had a bunch of domestic trips planned this year for visiting family, so the signup bonus was enough for each of us to have two RT tickets. Not bad considering there was no AF the first year for both cards.

I would say if you don't take the offer now, it will probably come back again in the spring.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:15 am

"Delta purchase" in 1st 90-days which qualifies for $100 stmt credit on AMEX Plat

Good evening -- This is regarding an acceptable "Delta purchase" in the 1st 90-days that will qualify for a $100 statement credit on the DL Amex Plat. We need to buy DL tix but for travel in 2018 so the dates are not in the system yet and if we wait, it will be beyond the 90-day period to make the transaction.

I tried to search the Wiki and a few posts but all I could find was something about "e-certs". Interestingly, we will be flying DL metal soon so how about an on-board food/beverage purchase? Or something else minor? Obviously the purchase would only be a few $$, so what are some hassle-free purchases which will qualify?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:41 pm

Approved for Delta Plat card 12/13 hopefully I will receive the card a within a week and I will purch a $50 Delta Gift card.

Will see how quick I get the $100 credit & the 70k bonus miles? Does anyone have any thoughts on time frame?

Also this is my 1st post, seems like a great site!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by cjuni
Approved for Delta Plat card 12/13 hopefully I will receive the card a within a week and I will purch a $50 Delta Gift card.

Will see how quick I get the $100 credit & the 70k bonus miles? Does anyone have any thoughts on time frame?

Also this is my 1st post, seems like a great site!
70K posts a couple days after you meet the spend, same for the $100 credit
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:54 pm

Does the annual fee count towards your first X month spending goal?

How about a $50/100 credit for making a Delta purchase? Does that take $50/100 off your spend?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by omarr
Does the annual fee count towards your first X month spending goal? No, it does not.

How about a $50/100 credit for making a Delta purchase? Does that take $50/100 off your spend? Yes, it does.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bosboy73
"Delta purchase" in 1st 90-days which qualifies for $100 stmt credit on AMEX Plat
--------------------------------------------------------

Good evening -- This is regarding an acceptable "Delta purchase" in the 1st 90-days that will qualify for a $100 statement credit on the DL Amex Plat. We need to buy DL tix but for travel in 2018 so the dates are not in the system yet and if we wait, it will be beyond the 90-day period to make the transaction.

I tried to search the Wiki and a few posts but all I could find was something about "e-certs". Interestingly, we will be flying DL metal soon so how about an on-board food/beverage purchase? Or something else minor? Obviously the purchase would only be a few $$, so what are some hassle-free purchases which will qualify?

Thanks
I you search this thread for "food" you quickly find this post:
which suggests that.

People who fly Delta (in coach) don't tend to post in this thread about what worked. The only people who post in here about what worked for the credit is people who were trying to find some way to get the credit with no Delta flights planned (or only business/first class Delta flights already booked, on which there's nothing to buy*).

Since the credit posts within days (typically as soon as the purchase goes from pending to posted), why don't you just try it on that upcoming flight and see if it works?

There's nothing in the T&Cs that says there is any minimum amount of purchase needed for the credit.

* Keep in mind that there's food/etc for purchase only in coach. If you're sitting in business/first, everything is free, so it may be hard to use your card up there.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I you search this thread for "food" you quickly find this post:
which suggests that.

People who fly Delta (in coach) don't tend to post in this thread about what worked.
I flew coach AND posted about what works . Please see post #1121.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by themice
I flew coach AND posted about what works . Please see post #1121.
And... just realized that the 1st DL flight is TATL so little chance of "buying" Food or Bev on it except overpriced Duty Free.

So we'll have to wait a few months for our next Domestic segment which should still be within the 90-day window.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Just quick data point, the $50 eCert did trigger the $100 statement credit so thank you everyone

With the AS and DL divorce I am glad we jumped on this offer when we did since we are going to have to switch primarily to DL now
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
when is the 10k eqm posted after spend requirement satisfied? I am trying to take advantage of the newegg offer ( expire 12/31 ) and the 10k eqm for next year. Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:19 am

Hey y'all could use some expert help please.

I got the Amex DL Platinum card and am working through the minimum spend and want to make sure my MQM's post for 2017 not 2016.

My statement closing date is January 12th, if I complete my spend between January 1-12, 2017, will MQM's post for 2016 or 2017 please.

Thanks and happy new years to all!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by schwimmair
Hey y'all could use some expert help please.

I got the Amex DL Platinum card and am working through the minimum spend and want to make sure my MQM's post for 2017 not 2016.

My statement closing date is January 12th, if I complete my spend between January 1-12, 2017, will MQM's post for 2016 or 2017 please.

Thanks and happy new years to all!
It's based on the date of purchase. Purchases made up until 11:59 tonight will count for 2016. Purchases made after 12:00 will count for 2017.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
It's based on the date of purchase. Purchases made up until 11:59 tonight will count for 2016. Purchases made after 12:00 will count for 2017.
Thanks for your reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.