Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:25 am

recent 60k bonus Skymiles offer from AMEX

A few days ago my son received via email an offer for 60K miles. The offer is for him only. Am wondering if anyone knows how I can get the same offer for my husband who is a Skymiles member.
In January I received via email an offer from AMEX for 40k Skymiles, applied for the card, and have already met the 1k spending requirements and the 40k miles have already been posted! Thanks AMEX and Delta
Here is the offer my son received:
Your next adventure is closer than you think. Get the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 or more on your new Card in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership.1 Plus, receive a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card in the first 3 months.2 And remember, your miles don't expire!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by anz5708
A few days ago my son received via email an offer for 60K miles. The offer is for him only. Am wondering if anyone knows how I can get the same offer for my husband who is a Skymiles member.
In January I received via email an offer from AMEX for 40k Skymiles, applied for the card, and have already met the 1k spending requirements and the 40k miles have already been posted! Thanks AMEX and Delta
Here is the offer my son received:
Your next adventure is closer than you think. Get the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express and earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 or more on your new Card in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership.1 Plus, receive a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card in the first 3 months.2 And remember, your miles don't expire!
Does the email offer say "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product"?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:14 pm

Yes, michael_v, it does say that.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
I got an offer for the Gold Amex (by regular mail) for 60K miles + $50 statement credit after $1K spend in 3 months. Definitely better than the 50K offer they've been sending fairly regularly. So check your mail
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
How long after approval did it take to get your card in the mail?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by amejr999
I got an offer for the Gold Amex (by regular mail) for 60K miles + $50 statement credit after $1K spend in 3 months. Definitely better than the 50K offer they've been sending fairly regularly. So check your mail
I just got the same offer as well in the mail. It gave me to 4/30 to respond.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by anz5708
Yes, michael_v, it does say that.
Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by anngi
How long after approval did it take to get your card in the mail?
I received my offer by email in January, called AMEX to make sure I had NEVER held this credit card before, was told I had not. Rep asked if I wanted to apply for the card then, which I did. Rep offered to express mail the card, I declined, and still received the card within a week. Now, within 7 weeks of receiving my card, I have charged more than the required $1000 and received the promised 40K miles. That's fast!!!

I did not make my hubby an additional user as I am hoping he will get a nice offer too. Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I vaguely remember he had the card many years ago so this may be the reason no offer has come.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
One of the reasons I got the card was for International travel. Going from the states to
Europe the tax is under $10. From Europe the taxes I looked at where $175-$250.
Had I known that I would have gotten a Chase Sapphire Card instead.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Is anyone still seeing upgrade offers for DL Amexes?

I'm considering going from Plat to Reserve. In the past, there's always been a 10k MQM or 5k MQM upgrade offer when I log into my Amex account, but of course now that I actually want to do it, no offer to be found...

I don't want to wait too long because I'm quickly approaching $25k in spend and want to upgrade before then so I can go for the Reserve miles boost rather than the Platinum (also, unlikely that I'll want to put $85k on the card this year to get the 1xPlat + 2xReserve).
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:38 pm

FYI...

I received an offer through snail mail for a signup bonus of 60000 miles after spending $1000 in the first three months and also getting a $50 credit on the first Delta purchase in the first three months.

I had applied for that card a month ago with another offer for 50000 miles signup bonus after the same spend; I was targeted via email. I called customer service yesterday for a match and I was told that they will do that, and they opened a case for it.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:07 pm

Are the personal and business versions of the Platinum and Reserve Delta AmEx treated the same as it relates to mqm "miles boost"? I'm seeing conflicting offers on the AmEx and Delta websites that make it appear that the 20k MQMs for 50k spend is only valid on the personal or visa versa only valid on business. While the other website shows it the opposite way. Definitely taking some screenshots when I sign up.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:35 am

Delta 60K

Yesterday I received an offer via post for 60K SkyPesos + $50 credit after $1000 spend in 90 days. Targeted offer. Take the code on the front of the letter to www.getawaywith60k.com

As I've never had this card before, and my next app cycle begins in 11 days, now seems like a great time to get it.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:29 pm

husbands miles, my Delta cc?

input on this scenario would be much appreciated...

i have no more Delta miles left, but I have the Delta CC.

My husband has lots of Delta miles, and NO Delta CC.

If he books the airline reward flights for us with his miles, but I pay for the fees with my CC...is this a possible way to still get the free baggage allowance?

just curious. thanks
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mymyles
input on this scenario would be much appreciated...

i have no more Delta miles left, but I have the Delta CC.

My husband has lots of Delta miles, and NO Delta CC.

If he books the airline reward flights for us with his miles, but I pay for the fees with my CC...is this a possible way to still get the free baggage allowance?

just curious. thanks
Free bags have nothing to do with what card is used to pay for the ticket.

Each DL Amex is linked to one person's SkyMiles account. If that person is travelling, they and everyone else on their same PNR will receive the free bag and Zone 1 benefits.

Figuring out if you're on the same PNR is simple - log in to DL.com and pull up the trip. All the passengers listed on the Trip Details screen are on the same PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.