Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:40 pm

Approved, ( husband targeted) would have liked a card targeted in my name, but since I do all the shopping needed my name on it for shared account.

Been awhile since we took a card for miles
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:31 pm

Also have the $50 statement credit . If I bought the Delta GC online is this card only good for use on future Delta airfares or products or can I use this GC as a regular GC to buy anything, like gas? Just want to know what else this card is good for.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:45 am

I got the targeted offer for 50k miles. Can I apply for the personal and business cards and get 50k miles from each?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:29 am

wife got 50k+50 credit for 1k

application keeps hanging at confirm page. strange. firefox.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by aeneas3
wife got 50k+50 credit for 1k

application keeps hanging at confirm page. strange. firefox.
I had the same issue. I hit F5 and then redid the application and it went through. I was using Chrome.

Did she apply for business and personal? Really want 100k miles on this
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
I also received the targeted 50k+$50 offer, just unsure if I should do it as just last week I signed up for the MC AA 50k card. And I am not sure I can get the credit limit needed as I am a student making very little and already have nearly double my yearly salary in credit limit. What is the minimum credit limited for this card does anyone know? And how much of a hit can I expect on my credit score with two apps in under 3 weeks? Also, can I send the link to my GF and have her sign up through the link or is it only valid for my Delta #/SSN?

thanks

Last edited by pattermj; Sep 23, 2013 at 9:01 am
Old Sep 23, 2013, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Earlier in the year, there were reports of a targeted DL Plat Business Amex offer with 20k MQM after initial spending.

Looks like it was targeted to members of SkyBonus. Has anyone received it lately? Is the name of the business hardcoded into the application? Thinking about signing up for SkyBonus to try to get targeted but would want to apply using a different company name.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL-PM, SPG-Gold; HH-Dia
Originally Posted by wcj
DL Plat offer rec'd via email. $100 statement credit by making DL purchase within three months, 15k bonus miles and 5k MQMs on first purchase; 30k bonus, 10k MQMs after $1k spend in three months.

I see a link that takes me to a page that says Hi Mr. WCJ, but the offer codes are AP7Q:0004 for personal card and AP8Q:0004 for business card.
received same offer via postal mail checked delta amex card .com and got the same offer. They are for personal card only website offer code is: Consumer Card POID: APB3:0001 Postal mail is targeted Gold Medallion offer.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA, CO, Delta
TARGETED: 50k Offer from Delta

Just received an email for a 50k offer to get a Delta Skymiles card. I applied and got approved for the card. This is the highest offer from Delta that I've seen so far...last time I had their card, they only gave 30k.

Link to image in email:
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:50 pm

ongoing talk about this in the delta thread. wife applied earlier today and got approved. this will probably be merged with the delta thread but always good to spread the word!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by deltar
I had the same issue. I hit F5 and then redid the application and it went through. I was using Chrome.

Did she apply for business and personal? Really want 100k miles on this
I had to switch PCs. strange.

She just applied for the personal. Did not try business too. never want to be too aggressive with amex
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, LIAT
Good luck using it on anything.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYatt Plat
Originally Posted by airambulance1
Good luck using it on anything.
Came here to say that.. beat me to it.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Have there not been a 70K Delta offer before? Also why is it hard to use Delta miles again? I seen others say it but is it blackouts? To many points needed to redeem?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:40 pm

Long past are they days they can claim 50,000 mies = "2 free domestic roundtrip tickets!" Now it's a bland.. "50,000 which can be used toward award travel"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.