Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Applying for a targeted offer meant for another person [Consolidated]

Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
anyone had success doing this recently? my wife got a targeted 100k platinum (personal) offer but she just got some new cards so i'd like to apply with her RSVP code.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:10 pm

wife also targeted for 100k plat but phone reps wouldnt process me. any suggestions?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CEMOON
wife also targeted for 100k plat but phone reps wouldnt process me. any suggestions?
Not sure, other than try applying online with your info filled in.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:01 pm

Amex promo for Plat

I received an offer for Business Platinum but I won't be using it. If I give it to my brother, would there be a problem? Assuming his CS is as good or better than mine? Offer just ask for the RSVP code and zip code, does he need to use the same zip?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:17 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hqly2001
I received an offer for Business Platinum
What is the offer? Many people have reported obtaining a 100,000 point Business Platinum offer just by asking:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eted-amex.html
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What is the offer? Many people have reported obtaining a 100,000 point Business Platinum offer just by asking:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eted-amex.html
Askign who? Calling Amex? I''ll read this whole thread in a min.

Offer was 100k for $10k spend in 3 months.

update: ok, i will pass the info along.

Last edited by hqly2001; Sep 15, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA, AAL, UA, SW, HHonors, UR
Use my son's targeted invitation to apply for Platinum MR?

My son, who has lived outside the USA since he was 21 and who has no particular earnings or other credit history in the USA, keeps getting these targeted offers at my address! Don't they know any better than to waste their printing and postage $ on him?

Anyway, I normally ignore these offers, but just now I received an Amex 100k Platinum MR offer addressed to him. I've never received any such offer, and I would probably go for it. The question is, what do you think would happen if I just x'ed out his first name on their pre-printed application and put mine in instead? The only change to what they printed on the app would be his first name. Everything else--last name, address, etc.--is all the same. Would they burp, should I try getting the same deal on the phone, or what?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentSleeper
My son, who has lived outside the USA since he was 21 and who has no particular earnings or other credit history in the USA, keeps getting these targeted offers at my address! Don't they know any better than to waste their printing and postage $ on him?

Anyway, I normally ignore these offers, but just now I received an Amex 100k Platinum MR offer addressed to him. I've never received any such offer, and I would probably go for it. The question is, what do you think would happen if I just x'ed out his first name on their pre-printed application and put mine in instead? The only change to what they printed on the app would be his first name. Everything else--last name, address, etc.--is all the same. Would they burp, should I try getting the same deal on the phone, or what?
Why not going online with that invitation number and see which fields on the application can and cannot change?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: ALL <LOL>
No go: Amex Blue cash offer for my room mate

My room mate got an offer for the Amex Blue Cash, 20,000 membership rewards points after $2000 spend in 3 months, no annual fee, and 1 year of Amazon prime. She has no interest in credit cards, so I tried using the code, it says reserved for her only and to call an 800 number to apply. So I called the 800 number on the screen, and they wouldn't give me the same offer, they would only give me the standard 10k after 1k in spend. I declined.

It seems so silly that they will target an offer to one person, but not let someone else get the same offer, my credit score is higher then hers is, and you would think amex would want my business since they don't have it right now (I have an Amex Blue Sky card that is in the sock drawer, but I do use it once a month just to keep it from going dormant).

But.. that is just Amex... Which is precisely why Chase has made so much money off me this year.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
The Blue Cash is not listed on the Amex site anymore. It can only be applied for through a special legacy link. So why/how would they promote it. And it doesn't have an AF nor does it pay out membership points - it's rewards dollars only. What am I missing here?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:40 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by djrobsd
It seems so silly that they will target an offer to one person, but not let someone else get the same offer, my credit score is higher then hers is, and you would think amex would want my business since they don't have it right now (I have an Amex Blue Sky card that is in the sock drawer, but I do use it once a month just to keep it from going dormant).
The purpose of targeting is to attract new and profitable customers. Those who spend only enough to earn the new account bonus and then place the card in a sock drawer are not profitable.

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
The Blue Cash is not listed on the Amex site anymore....What am I missing here?
There are three related cards:

• Blue Cash
  • Blue Cash Everyday
  • Blue Cash Preferred

I think it's safe to assume that the offer is for the Everyday variant.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Using another's RSVP code?

If I get a targeted 100k Biz Plat offer, can my wife call and use that same RSVP code? I wasn't sure if the RSVP code refers to the offer, or to the specific individual who's been targeted. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
If I get a targeted 100k Biz Plat offer, can my wife call and use that same RSVP code? I wasn't sure if the RSVP code refers to the offer, or to the specific individual who's been targeted. Thanks in advance.
It has been my experience (with the 150k points/$20k spend) that as long as you use the same address to which the offer was sent, you can change the name of the business and the name of the individual applying for the card and still receive the offer.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:52 pm

Using someone else's invite code to apply for Amex Platinum 100k points

I wanted to lean on this community for advice or previous experiences on this. A friend of mine received a mailer to apply for the AMEX platinum with a 100k sign-up bonus ($450 annual fee not waived) after $3k spend. He doesn't want to apply for it and gave me his mailer. Can I use his targeted invite code to sign up for the card myself and qualify for the 100k sign-up bonus points?

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
How can a Blue Cash offer come with MR points? It's not straight cash back as the sign up bonus?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.