Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by hsoyfer
I got a 75K on in the mail too and lost it any chance you can forward me your RSVP code. Amex won't do the offer without it. I really appreciate you help either way. Thanks
Just call them and give your name and address - they can look up your available offers. Just did that for the 100K platinum offer as I did not have the flyer with me.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by kapstone
Just call them and give your name and address - they can look up your available offers. Just did that for the 100K platinum offer as I did not have the flyer with me.
They said they Could not look up the RSVP code and it was only possible if I had the mailer in hand. They looked at my account and saw that I had been targeted for the offer and would still not honor it. Did you have any better luck with them? I have called 3 times and emailed/PM them as well.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:24 pm

Man, I have been hoping for a 100k personal plat offer forever, but have never gotten any targeted Amex offers. I have a business Gold, and they offered me 25k to upgrade that to plat, but I want the personal plat with the 100k. Unreal...I hear how people get like 3 offers for it, and I have never ever gotten 1. Guess that's the downside of having an Amex card, as it seems mostly people who don't do business with them get them.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:34 pm

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...lid=A00000DY1V
25k for upgrade from gold.

I didn't find the link... Someone posted it somewhere and I bookmarked it.

Anyway I have the business gold fom the 75k offer a few months ago and will do this shortly.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Could be worse - at least no min. spend. Still fishing for that elusive 75-100
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

My question is, if I take the upgrade offer for my business gold and turn it into a business platinum does that exclude me from getting a personal platinum sign up bonus for a year?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
[SIZE=1]...upgrade offer for my business gold and turn it into a business platinum does that exclude me from getting a personal platinum sign up bonus for a year?
Business cards have no effect on eligibility for personal card bonuses.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I was always under the impression that if you got a gold card of any type it excluded you from a bonus on another gold card of any type but not a different class, and the same for platinum, if you got a platinum business you could not get a bonus on personal platinum.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:29 pm

I was always under the impression that if you got a gold card of any type it excluded you from a bonus on another gold card of any type but not a different class, and the same for platinum, if you got a platinum business you could not get a bonus on personal platinum.
I just got the targeted 75k Business gold offer this weekend. I have a personal gold card so I did the app by phone to be certain. No issues - separate offer and I'll be getting the 75k after 5k spend in 3 months.
I just hope this is the year they repeat the Delta Skymiles transfer bonus.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is incorrect. Any personal charge card excludes you from personal charge card new account bonuses. Likewise, any Business charge card excludes you from Business charge card new account bonuses. There is no crossover effect on bonus eligibility between personal, Business and Corporate cards.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mia
There is no crossover effect on bonus eligibility between personal, Business and Corporate cards.
Are bonuses even offered on cooporate cards?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:33 am

Dang...

Sure wish I received one of these offers. Crossing my fingers !!!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL, UA, US, AA, HHonors, Club Carlson, Kimpton
100k Amex Platinum

My mom received a 100k Platinum Amex offer in the mail this week. Almost had a heart attack when I saw it in the junk mail to-be-thrown-away pile. Needless to say, she isnt going to be applying for it. So I was wondering, would I be able to apply for the card with the same RSVP code? I already have an Amex Gold and Amex Business Gold. Would I get the signup bonus? Thanks!!

Efilon87
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Worked for me in Canada a year and a half ago with the business gold AMEX.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:05 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I just got this offer myself. $450 for $1K worth of AMEX points is a no-brainer isn't it?
I can't see any reason I wouldn't apply for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.