FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   [Amex UK] Just got a Gold Card. Any chance I can also get a BA card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1455323-amex-uk-just-got-gold-card-any-chance-i-can-also-get-ba-card.html)

ringingup Apr 4, 2013 3:05 am

[Amex UK] Just got a Gold Card. Any chance I can also get a BA card?

Hi,

I was approved a month ago for Gold Charge Card and I also own a Platinum Cashback card.

In an attempt to earn as many Avios as possible, I'd like to apply for a BA Credit card. Do you think that there is any chance I'll be approved so soon?

I also own another two non Amex credit cards.

Sohail Iqbal Apr 4, 2013 7:04 am

Why not give it a go and see?

ringingup Apr 4, 2013 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Sohail Iqbal (Post 20534677)
Why not give it a go and see?

Fair point. I was just trying to assess the risk of having a credit search in my file for "nothing".

Sohail Iqbal Apr 4, 2013 8:14 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 20534682)
Fair point. I was just trying to assess the risk of having a credit search in my file for "nothing".

It may do something though. I did apply for the BA card twice last year and accoring to the person reviewing my account it was one of the reasons for the suspension. Just don't be too keen :)

ringingup Apr 4, 2013 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Sohail Iqbal (Post 20535019)
It may do something though. I did apply for the BA card twice last year and accoring to the person reviewing my account it was one of the reasons for the suspension. Just don't be too keen :)

What suspension?

Sohail Iqbal Apr 4, 2013 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 20535155)
What suspension?

Amex can review/suspend your account when they wish. It's the British financial review.

You will need to provide Last P60, 3 months wage slips, 3 months bank statements and a utility bill or if self employeed just 6 months bank statements. The process is annoying.

ringingup Apr 4, 2013 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Sohail Iqbal (Post 20535169)
Amex can review/suspend your account when they wish. It's the British financial review.

You will need to provide Last P60, 3 months wage slips, 3 months bank statements and a utility bill or if self employeed just 6 months bank statements. The process is annoying.

So your review was triggered by a second request for a previously denied card?

Sohail Iqbal Apr 4, 2013 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 20535506)
So your review was triggered by a second request for a previously denied card?

Pretty much... but I don't believe them. (The app was 4 odd months apart BTW). Credit apps are taken into consideration from what I've gathered?

I'd honestly give your next app at least 3 months just to be safe.

ringingup Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Well, I've just applied and I've been deferred. I don't really take it as a good sign, given that they really have enough information about me. :(

The only hope I have is that they'll call me to suggest lowering the limit on my Platinum Cashback card, which they raised this month, in order to grant me the BA Amex Premier one.

ringingup Apr 16, 2013 3:03 am

I called this morning. Approved :)