Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] AMEX Biz RG 75k for $10k over 4 mos. 1st yr fee waived

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:33 pm

not hard to meet the spend with Williamspaid to pay your rent/mortgage, if it's hard just ask your family members to allow you to pay their rent for the month. Luckily I take care of all my family's finances and can just charge everything with 2 businesses
Old Mar 6, 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by kaipoman
Good personal relationship with Amex - got a pending msg which remains after 4 hours.

Called CSR to offer any information they may need and was told if they need something theyll call me.

Guess Ill sit tight for now.
Data point: got antsy and called again. Rep said that due to the fact that I have a "high value personal relationship" with them they just wanted to confirm I did indeed apply and it wasnt some type of fraud.

Approved the card and will rush send it - should have it in 2 biz days.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
They keep putting out this 75k offer for $10 spend on the Gold card very frequently, but I'm still waiting for them to do another 100k offer for the plat card like they had in January, but NOOOOO, it's still not here! Guess, I'll just have to keep waiting...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Personally I like this offer better, as the Plat card comes with a non-waived $450 fee. Then again, I have enough ways to create spending that the $10K isn't a problem.

Thanks to whomever posted this. I just signed up after verifying with Amex that I had cancelled my last gold biz card 18 months ago. They create a perverse incentive to get it, get the bonus, and cancel quickly. The longer you keep it, the longer until the 12-month churn point. Maybe I should cancel Mrs. Redtop's card now instead of waiting.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
Personally I like this offer better, as the Plat card comes with a non-waived $450 fee. Then again, I have enough ways to create spending that the $10K isn't a problem.

Thanks to whomever posted this. I just signed up after verifying with Amex that I had cancelled my last gold biz card 18 months ago. They create a perverse incentive to get it, get the bonus, and cancel quickly. The longer you keep it, the longer until the 12-month churn point. Maybe I should cancel Mrs. Redtop's card now instead of waiting.
I did this one in June so I wouldn't qualify again now anyway. Just a datapoint which I've frequently posted about this 75k Gold offer - when I applied for it in June I already had an open Gold card and that card is till open. I was approved for the second card and got my 75k points after $10k spend. Both cards currently still open but will close one come June. In my case the 12 months clause applied to the time I had applied for the previous card which was a lot more than 12 months before.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
They keep putting out this 75k offer for $10 spend on the Gold card very frequently, but I'm still waiting for them to do another 100k offer for the plat card like they had in January, but NOOOOO, it's still not here! Guess, I'll just have to keep waiting...
Same here! The PRG looks like a solid card, but I think the plat benefits would be my primary reason to get another Amex.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by friedablass
Originally Posted by mtftw
Same here! The PRG looks like a solid card, but I think the plat benefits would be my primary reason to get another Amex.
+1. Most or all of the $450 annual fee is pretty easily recouped and the benefits of Plat are so much better for my needs.

AAmlgm8r
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:27 am

Data point:

I applied and got approved immediately.

I already have an Amex SimplyCash Business no fee card (the silver one) from when I converted my Delta Business Amex 13 months ago (February 2012).
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by antonius66
Well, screw it. I went for it. Instant approval. Time to start spending.
Yes and now to worry about how to spend the required 10 K !
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime Gold
Instant Approval!

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Looked all over the board and couldn't find this; multiple bloggers have posted/tweeted about it today, so while it is supposed to run through, I believe, 3/14, you might want to jump in sooner.

Link, from which I removed the affiliate ID

Offer states, "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months", so buyer beware.
Thanks to aa213bb for starting this thread and providing a good application link.
Applied today and was immediately approved. I would rather apply for only 7 or 8 good cards per year even if the spending requirement is higher.

Happyfeet
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
mail offer

Is there a conversion charge .0006 cents / mile? I had a mail in offer last week with the conversion fee + $5K over 1yr. 1st yr fee waived. Was this better?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: aa
thanks op my wife and i were both approved for this and the prg for 250k which is pretty good.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redtop43
Thanks to whomever posted this
Originally Posted by Happyfeet
Thanks to aa213bb for starting this thread and providing a good application link
Originally Posted by jada135
thanks op my wife and i were both approved for this and the prg for 250k which is pretty good
You are all quite welcome, though I just posted what many others were discussing.

Wanted to add a note: reports indicate this will end tomorrow, not the 14th, for those debating on whether to sign up.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Looked all over the board and couldn't find this; multiple bloggers have posted/tweeted about it today, so while it is supposed to run through, I believe, 3/14, you might want to jump in sooner.

Link, from which I removed the affiliate ID

Offer states, "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months", so buyer beware.
It is good you removed the affiliate link from an evil blog. No reason to feed them with big referal fees up to $100. Someone with no desire to suck some of the cream off should get affiliate links to a good charity or group of charities instead so people could pick. This come be a great idea for an area on a site like this which could result in advertisers spending money for ads in that area.

PS applied for the card a couple of weeks ago from a link without referal and got instant approval and it will probably be in my mailbox when I get home someday.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:57 am

has anyone tried applying for this Business Gold (75K) AND personal premier Gold (50K) on the same day and how did that go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.