Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gengar
Official website: https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at LAS (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
So AMEX PLAT NOW PAY NOTHING.

I put that in all caps, because I was prepared to pay the $50 which is worth it, based on the sectional I'm currently sitting on and the Bullet Bourbon I'm currently sipping, but the woman at the front said they realigned Plats into the benefit pool, so it's good for unlimited access.

Awesome news.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dreamworks

I put that in all caps, because I was prepared to pay the $50 which is worth it, based on the sectional I'm currently sitting on and the Bullet Bourbon I'm currently sipping, but the woman at the front said they realigned Plats into the benefit pool, so it's good for unlimited access.

Awesome news.
Hmmm... that is interesting, but I remain a little skeptical; it certainly has not been reflected in the terms and conditions found here:

http://thecenturionlounge.com/the-centurion.html

Regards
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dreamworks

Awesome news.
Wow - fingers-crossed this wasn't just a single overly generous rep, I'd love that to be the case!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:05 am

Worked for me also. Went to the lounge yesterday, asked them if I could use the lounge with my Platinum card. The attendant at the desk said yes I could with two guests at no charge. Very nice lounge. Btw I had called Amex card services before going to Vegas to ask if with my card I'd be able to use the lounge. Was told It would cost $50. Not sure what to make of it but I'm glad I still went and asked at the lounge.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by gadheri
Worked for me also. Went to the lounge yesterday, asked them if I could use the lounge with my Platinum card. The attendant at the desk said yes I could with two guests at no charge. Very nice lounge. Btw I had called Amex card services before going to Vegas to ask if with my card I'd be able to use the lounge. Was told It would cost $50. Not sure what to make of it but I'm glad I still went and asked at the lounge.
Hope this helps.
Per Amex CSR from the Amex Community today:
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Nice!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Nice!
Very nice. Although being a local, i'm not sure this is good or bad since I will be gaining a lot of weight from this...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:10 pm

Very nice. Although being a local, i'm not sure this is good or bad since I will be gaining a lot of weight from this...
Haha a good point! I'm just selfishly pleased it'll make my outbound leg of my Tier Point run a bit nicer!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:05 pm

Wow. I have been debating whether to get Amex Plat, but this sealed the deal. As soon as I read the above post, I went to the computer and applied!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:52 pm

I'm not that familiar with the layout of Vegas airport, is that lounge accessible to all domestic passengers without re-clearing security?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by radiowell
Wow. I have been debating whether to get Amex Plat, but this sealed the deal. As soon as I read the above post, I went to the computer and applied!
Just so you can get into one lounge at one airport? You must spend quite a bit of time there!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Just so you can get into one lounge at one airport? You must spend quite a bit of time there!
Well, I actually do

I was really debating between renewing US Airways club versus Amex Plat, but since Amex Plat will give me access to LAS and also the BWI lounge (another airport that I frequent), I pulled the trigger.

(Yes, I know I can access the United Club at LAS, but this was a no brainer, Amex was the winner).
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:43 pm

Do I need a boarding pass to enter?

Can I use my United Club pass to enter the airport then use my Plat card to enter the lounge?

Have friends coming on different days and would love to get the party started early (so assuming they can enter as arrival).
Old Oct 9, 2013, 3:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Stiga9
Do I need a boarding pass to enter?

Can I use my United Club pass to enter the airport then use my Plat card to enter the lounge?

Have friends coming on different days and would love to get the party started early (so assuming they can enter as arrival).
I don't think having a club pass (and not a ticket for travel that day) will get you down past security at the airport.

I used to be able to get a gate pass everyone once and a while, but they seem to have really cracked down on those. I know US Airways in PHX wouldn't even entertain the idea when I last asked and I am Chairman with them.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Awesome news! Can't wait to try this lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.