Wiki Posts
Search

Record Posting Speeds - Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Record Posting Speeds - Quick Question

All,

I am not a frequent flyer but I've been lurking for quite sometime and I consider the folks here to be my source for all flying knowledge.

Enough sugar, here's the question:

Last night, I purchased flights on the AMEX website using MR points for a flight from NY to Rome during the summer. During the purchase process, I was prevented from choosing seats.

This morning, I tried to make a seat change on the airline's website and the website is not finding my record locator. Hence the question: how long does it take for a purchase via AMEX to be known by the airline one is flying?

Thanks all!

Colby
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Every time I've bought tickets that way it was immediately viewable on the airline website.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by colbyseider
...website is not finding my record locator.
Are you certain you are using the airline's record locator rather than the travel agency's reference number?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:06 am
Original Poster

I'm pretty certain it's the record locator: a 6-character Alphanumeric vs Amex's 8-digit Trip-ID.

But thanks for checking! I appreciate the care!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:50 am

Is amex web travel site was still powered by travelocity?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Great question!

After having just visited Travelocity just now for the first time in a long time, I can say that the questions asked in the order they were asked is similar to the AMEX site last night. However, the site design and layout is very different.

It could be that Travelocity is the engine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.