Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Tim Hortons (Canada) now accept AMEX [$10 credit: 10 Oct - 10 Nov 2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tim Hortons (Canada) now accept AMEX [$10 credit: 10 Oct - 10 Nov 2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:01 am
alc
Original Poster

2 months later, AMEX send out an email about this:

http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com...e%2520lastname

It state only in Ontario, not sure if it is because my address to them is from Ontario.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Victoria, BC update

At least 2 of them here take it now, though the staff are 50-50 on knowing that they do.

Only weird thing is that you appear to have to sign the slip about 25% of the time...
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by Austin Winters
The worst thing I've had happened today where the proximity reader kept trying to read my card when the chip was refused. Took ~20 swipes to get the mag stripe to be read..
I have that issue at some POS terminals as well.

You can often swipe from down to up for better odds of missing the contactless reader.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by alc
2 months later, AMEX send out an email about this:

http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com...e%2520lastname

It state only in Ontario, not sure if it is because my address to them is from Ontario.
Goes for Western Canada as well.

http://ebm.email.americanexpress.com...E%3D%2520%2520
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:26 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pitabread
Goes for Western Canada as well.
FYI... your URL included your email address in it. You might want to edit it out.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Gonna add more delay time to the drive throughs until they get the card readers straightened out. Not something needed during rush hours.

bj-21.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:59 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hoser2112
Is this at all Tim Hortons? And do they accept payment via Amex Expresspay (aka contactless payment)?
Originally Posted by alc
I only went to 1 Tim Hortons today and the sticker and tag are all look very new. Since I use giftcard, I didn't try the AMEX Expresspay, but the terminal is those new one from Chase, so it should work.
Originally Posted by Austin Winters
Expresspay didn't work for me. It told me to insert the card after it caught the signal.
Just tried this AMEX Expressway at a Tim Hortons and it worked! The machine look to be the same as the one I saw at another location last month, but that one didn't work. Not sure if any "upgrade" happened recently between AMEX and Tim Hortons.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up [Canadian] $10 credit after $20 spend at timmies

Guys, register your card and reload your Tim cards! Only first 100,000 registered card will get this offer.

Your next Tim Hortons coffee run can bring you an even sweeter reward from American Express.

American Express is now accepted at participating Tim Hortons restaurants across Canada, and online at timhortons.com. To celebrate, we’re serving up a rather tempting offer:

Be one of the first 100,000 American Express® Cardmembers to register your eligible American Express Card and spend a total of $20 or more, (after taxes) at participating Tim Hortons restaurants* in Canada or online at timhortons.com between October 10, 2013 and November 10, 2013 using your registered American Express Card and you can earn a $10 statement credit from American Express.

To take advantage of this offer, follow these 3 simple steps:
Register your eligible American Express Card online at amexnetwork.ca/timhortonsoffer between October 10, 2013 and November 10, 2013. Purchases made during the offer period prior to registration are not qualifying purchases for this offer.

Once you’ve registered, spend a total of $20 or more (after taxes) using your registered Card between October 10, 2013 and November 10, 2013 at any participating Tim Hortons restaurants in Canada* that currently accept the American Express Card or online at timhortons.com. A single purchase or multiple purchases that total $20 or more during the offer period qualify!

Earn a $10 Statement credit from American Express.
So, the next time you stop in for a coffee or lunch with friends, know that you can use your American Express Card and enjoy everything it has to offer!

Don’t forget to register your Card online at amexnetwork.ca/timhortonsoffer by November 10, 2013.

Last edited by gokeeper; Oct 10, 2013 at 6:58 am
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:11 am
alc
Original Poster

got this email on my wife account as well.. and I just finish registry all my AMEX cards and Supplementary cards as well.

If there is a Basic and Supplementary Card/s on the same account registered in the American Express Registered Card program, both the Basic and any Supplementary Cardmember/s would each have to make separate qualifying purchases at participating Tim Hortons Restaurants or online at Timhortons.com and charge it to their registered Card to each earn a statement credit. For registered Supplementary Cards, the statement credit(s) will be issued to the Basic Card account associated with that Supplementary Card. Maximum of one (1) statement credit per eligible card.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:28 am

Tip, you can register and load your tim card online and save some time to drive and line up
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:33 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Tip, you can register and load your tim card online and save some time to drive and line up
yes, that is the plan.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:34 am

Got this for my GOLD and PLAT card inbox

So many AMEX promotions lately - the $125 statement credit, the Fairmont $100 credit, Air Miles ones, and now this

Timmy $20 GC online
http://shop.timhortons.com/Catalogue...9&productId=21

Last edited by jerryhung; Oct 10, 2013 at 8:39 am
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gokeeper
I stopped using my Tim Card once they started accepting Amex... I guess I'll have to dig it up instead of buying the whole office Timbits
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by ffsim
I stopped using my Tim Card once they started accepting Amex... I guess I'll have to dig it up instead of buying the whole office Timbits
The $20 can be for many purchases. So you do not need to buy 15 cups at one morning
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:17 pm

Anyone see the credit posted? I reload my tims card online on 10th, but haven't seen the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.