FHR breakfast with children

Old Feb 6, 13, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: I've gone underground!
FHR breakfast with children

I'm planning a trip to Seattle with my 2 6-year-old kids and wife. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with FHR breakfast benefits... Namely are hotels lenient on the 2 free breakfasts when there are younger kids involved?

I don't have a specific hotel in mind at this point but am rather trying to decide what makes the most sense for making reservations.
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:03 am

If you stay at the Fairmont (highly recommended), it's a $56 breakfast credit, so you can spend it how you like (on breakfast)... their breakfast menu is pricey, so it's not hard to use up that $56.
Old Feb 6, 13, 8:24 am

depends on the property. sometimes young children eat free (FHR or not).
check hotel websites
Old Feb 6, 13, 10:32 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
It's really property dependent, some are pretty strict about what you order (i.e. limit it to two orders of the "continental breakfast" item on the menu), some will just give you a general dollar amount to spend (i.e. $50), and others will claim that you need to order a specific item, but in reality will just comp anything up to a set dollar amount.
Old Feb 7, 13, 9:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

How young are we talking? My last FHR reservation at the London NYC we didn't get charged for 2 breakfasts for our 1 and 4 year old.

I am a big fan of the FS Seattle.. another option would be to do a FSPP booking there and just order room service, which is a straight room credit.

FDW
Old Feb 7, 13, 6:18 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, US Air Gold
I will second most of these comments.

1) Most FHR hotels I've stayed in just give you a fixed dollar amount these days ($47, $57, whatever) so then it doesn't matter.

2) Lots of places, especially if they are buffet will either formally or informally let the little ones slip. Lots of times it's "kids under 5 eat free". We have one under 5 and one over (by a fair amount) and they'll just sort of slide the older one in.

We actually had this exact experience at the Four Seasons Seattle (which I also love). I think there it wasn't a dollar amount but they didn't charge us for the kids.

If you're friendly and warm, it will usually go a long way. The FS Seattle was, in general, very nice to our kids.

Search this Thread