Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
If I check the "yes" box for whether I'm a current Amex cardholder I get a message that the system is down and that I should call to apply. I'd rather just apply online to avoid the hassle of the phone call Q&A. So would there be any harm in saying that I'm not a current Amex cardholder, even though I do have the personal Plat and Gold cards?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:45 am
RLG

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
If I check the "yes" box for whether I'm a current Amex cardholder I get a message that the system is down and that I should call to apply. I'd rather just apply online to avoid the hassle of the phone call Q&A. So would there be any harm in saying that I'm not a current Amex cardholder, even though I do have the personal Plat and Gold cards?
I got the same error message. I applied online for the same reason. Just got the notice that I was approved.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
My business is legit, but last year, I got a Delta Platinum AMEX business card so I could earn an MQM bonus and a miles bonus. Does that Delta business card preclude me from getting the membership rewards bonus if I sign up for this standard, membership rewards based Amex Gold card?

Quote ddallas:
No.

Thanks for your response. I just applied and was instantly approved and have a big business expense coming up that will knock out almost all of the spend requirement in one swoop. I'm thrilled to have gotten in on this offer after missing the lucrative offers last year when I wasn't on top of watching out for card bonuses to better allocate my business spend.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:43 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Considering I can apply for both a Ink Plus and the 50K Biz gold offer for the same spend requirement as the 75K biz gold offer I think I will play it safe and go with the lesser offer. I'd rather get both cards (plus 5x at OD) then just the 75K biz gold points. Too bad they had to put the spend at $10K... that's just a little too rich for my blood.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:45 pm

Has anyone used this to get Beans or V/MC giftcards to meet minimum spend?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
I've bought a couple of VRs but nothing too crazy. No FR yet. Has anyone actually been FRed in the past week after trying to meet the spend on this card?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by MSYnola
I've bought a couple of VRs but nothing too crazy. No FR yet. Has anyone actually been FRed in the past week after trying to meet the spend on this card?
since you have four months I'd give it a month of normal spend before slipping a few VR in here and there. No $1K shenanigans, either. This is all speculation of course, no one knows for sure.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:35 pm

Since the 25th:

MONDAY, JANUARY 28 CVS 5214 503 DOLLARS AND.95 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 EASTSIDE BISTRO 22 DOLLARS AND.62 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 TARGET T1760 503 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 WAWA GAS STORE 5113 150 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27 DANDELION COMMUNITEA CAFE 21 DOLLARS AND.03 CENTS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27 SPICE MODERN STEAKHOUSE 40 DOLLARS AND.80 CENTS
AMAZON PAYMENTS 866-749-7545 WA 688 DOLLARS AND.67 CENTS
CALIFORNIA BURRITO EORLANDO FL 7 DOLLARS AND.98 CENTS
DRUGSTORE.COM DRUGSTORE.COM WA 37 DOLLARS AND.45 CENTS
TARGET T0649 0649 ORLANDO FL 1,003 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
KYOTO SUSHI & GRILL ORLANDO FL 6 DOLLARS AND.38 CENTS
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450
Since the 25th:

MONDAY, JANUARY 28 CVS 5214 503 DOLLARS AND.95 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 EASTSIDE BISTRO 22 DOLLARS AND.62 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 TARGET T1760 503 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
MONDAY, JANUARY 28 WAWA GAS STORE 5113 150 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27 DANDELION COMMUNITEA CAFE 21 DOLLARS AND.03 CENTS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27 SPICE MODERN STEAKHOUSE 40 DOLLARS AND.80 CENTS
AMAZON PAYMENTS 866-749-7545 WA 688 DOLLARS AND.67 CENTS
CALIFORNIA BURRITO EORLANDO FL 7 DOLLARS AND.98 CENTS
DRUGSTORE.COM DRUGSTORE.COM WA 37 DOLLARS AND.45 CENTS
TARGET T0649 0649 ORLANDO FL 1,003 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
KYOTO SUSHI & GRILL ORLANDO FL 6 DOLLARS AND.38 CENTS
I'm glad that you're able to spend large amounts at Target, CVS, and Amazon Payments without having been hit with an FR. Do keep us updated.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: Too many to list
Got FR coming. Stupid Amex.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Have fun. Any idea what may have triggered it?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Originally Posted by RLG
I got the same error message. I applied online for the same reason. Just got the notice that I was approved.
Thanks for this info.

Just as a data point, for the little it's worth at this point...I applied online, despite the error message, shortly after midnight EST on Jan. 28. Got a message that my application is being processed. Given how many folks had gotten instant approval, I assumed that I'd be turned down or would have to call for reconsideration or would have to go through an FR (which would be a hassle but not ultimately a problem, since my credit score is very good and I am self-employed with my own EIN). And I also wondered whether my application was somehow complicated by my recently getting both the Amex Gold and Plat personal cards during their one-day bonus binge.

Nevertheless, lo and behold, yesterday I got an email from Amex saying that I'd been approved and that my card was on the way.

I'm still a bit mystified about why it wasn't instantly approved, but so be it.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:34 pm

Bored_Russian and flyertalkingallday, any updates since the few days ago?

One of the bloggers reported meeting SPG spend requirement with 3k AmEx gift card purchase without any issues. Aside of triggering FRs, the "cash equivalents do not count" terms don't seem to be strictly enforced.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:55 am
xp0

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
I'm glad that you're able to spend large amounts at Target, CVS, and Amazon Payments without having been hit with an FR. Do keep us updated.

Lol .... You call that large amounts of spending?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:57 am
xp0

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Its no big deal, unless you lied of course. Fill out the paper work, fax it in and then wait about 5 days and you are back in action.

It really is not a big deal. During this time just use your chase cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.