Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Old Jan 22, 13, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jeckll View Post
Thinking about applying for this card, but worried about FR.
What exactly would it entail? If I list as sole proprietorship, is my 2012 tax return info showing $XX,XXX of PERSONAL (wage) income enough to pass? Should I say biz income = my personal income? Or am I going to fail FR unless I can show biz income totally separate from personal income?
To reliably pass a FR with a biz card, you need to show proof of business income on your taxes. For a sole proprietorship, that probably means having filed a Schedule C on your taxes (self-employment income).

There HAVE been cases of people passing without that and not having their cards shutdown (even their biz card), but it's much more risky. You can also try the "it's a new business so I didn't file taxes last year" method, but that only jives if you put down a short business history on your application, which makes it harder to get approved.
Old Jan 22, 13, 12:59 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Any Platinum business card bonuses? all i see are 25K
Old Jan 22, 13, 1:23 pm

Just to let you guys know I was instantly approved...See my previous post for more info on my situation.

I have a rental property as my business.

Congratulations, Andrew! You have been approved for The Business Gold Rewards Card® From American Express OPEN.
Old Jan 22, 13, 1:24 pm

Programs: United 1K. AA LTGD
thanks for this link.

what is the best offer that was ever available for business gold rewards? i.e., was there any offer w/ 100K MR for this card before? just curious...
Old Jan 22, 13, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
And, IMO, that you can prove the business income you listed on your application.
Amex makes it very convenient. They let you select categories of expected income. I like the $0-$49,999 category...

They also let you add in your expected monthly spend. I put in $5K...turns out my business model is a money loser - I buy $10K worth of cash equivalents and pay $10,080.
Old Jan 22, 13, 1:36 pm

Missed out on the 100k Platinum offer but got approved for this one. Looking forward to adding to my Avios stockpile once I clear the $10k spend.
Old Jan 22, 13, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by clockhand View Post
what is the best offer that was ever available for business gold rewards? i.e., was there any offer w/ 100K MR for this card before? just curious...
I don't remember a public offer for more than 75k, but there have likely been private targeted offers of 100k.
Old Jan 22, 13, 2:57 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
That YOU POSTED IS AN AFFILIATE link.

Could at least disclose that to people and mention who's it is.

Originally Posted by mariobey View Post
Seems like this offer floats around from time to time.

The spend is quite high, but for some it may be worth it.

Limited-Time Offer
Get 75,000 points after you spend $10,000 on the card in your first 4 months of Card membership1

Multiple Points on Purchases
3X Points on Airfare2

Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.

Offer Terms
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.†

Annual Fee
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyfarfar View Post
That YOU POSTED IS AN AFFILIATE link.

Could at least disclose that to people and mention who's it is.
Good point.

I went to a couple blogs and found that The Points Guys has posted the exact same link. Guess it's his.
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
My business is legit, but last year, I got a Delta Platinum AMEX business card so I could earn an MQM bonus and a miles bonus. Does that Delta business card preclude me from getting the membership rewards bonus if I sign up for this standard, membership rewards based Amex Gold card?
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues View Post
My business is legit, but last year, I got a Delta Platinum AMEX business card so I could earn an MQM bonus and a miles bonus. Does that Delta business card preclude me from getting the membership rewards bonus if I sign up for this standard, membership rewards based Amex Gold card?
No.
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:30 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
apply and get approved instantly
Old Jan 22, 13, 3:31 pm

After I applied I got a message that they want to talk to me. When I called (it sounded like to India) they just asked stuff like name/address/birthdate and approved the application.
Old Jan 22, 13, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
My father, my wife, and I, have all gotten this card. My father did not even have an Employer ID number. I have a legit business of 20 years standing, my wife has an EIN but no actual business. We've never gotten a FR or anything of the sort. I will probably get this card again sometime in the future, when I'm sure I've cleared the 12 months for the new bonus.

Chase, on the other hand, did quiz me about my business, mostly asking if I made a profit last year and expected to make a profit this year. I did get the card, but I'm not sure I would have my wife apply.
Old Jan 22, 13, 4:19 pm

Programs: USAir, AA, Continental, SPG, Marriott
I have two businesses. They both have the same name but they're registered in two different states and have two different EIN #'s.

I already have a Platinum Amex Biz card for one -if I apply for this offer using my other business EIN would it be approved?

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: