FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1425259-amex-platinum-100k-after-3-000-spend-gold-50k-after-1-000-spend-expired.html)

michael_v Jan 7, 2013 5:59 pm

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

THE OFFER IS DEAD

Details here:

http://travel-summary.com/possible-1...platinum-card/

CanadianProf Jan 7, 2013 6:04 pm

jimmicka posted about this a few hours ago and the thread was subsequently locked.

apk123 Jan 7, 2013 6:05 pm

Is that website legit?

duc1986d Jan 7, 2013 6:15 pm

Anybody has experiences with having a Gold card and apply for the Platinum card and get bonus on both of them. It seems that the term doesn't allow it if you have the gold card within the last 90 days. I just talked to the CSR and she said it would get the points. She sees my gold card too but not sure she is aware of the term

michael_v Jan 7, 2013 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianProf (Post 19997584)
jimmicka posted about this a few hours ago and the thread was subsequently locked.

Locking does not make any sense in this case. Either take the post down or let it be.

concordian Jan 7, 2013 6:22 pm

I canceled my gold card last year and applied for platinum card just now. I got instant approval for 100 K points offer.

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 6:25 pm

Approved for the Platinum! Had to call in to lift my Experian freeze (had 5 hits 50 days ago). AMEX site says 100K for $3K spend on my targeted offer so hope it works out. $450 fee but should be able to get it down to $50 with $200 airline fee credit in 2013 and early 2014, so $50 and a credit inquiry for 100K MR! SQ SUITES, HERE I COME!

*I'm already an AU on an MB Amex Plat with a family member so the additional benefits don't matter. I would probably only get about 65K MR with the PRG 50K + spend, so the extra MR is worth the fee!

alrvd83 Jan 7, 2013 6:26 pm

wow nice...i wonder how long this will be valid for? I literally just got my SPG amex today so i will work towards that spend...I am debating if I should apply for the PRG now anyway lol

What all could 50k MR pts get me anyway?

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 19997720)
What all could 50k MR pts get me anyway?

MR is best used to transfer to airline programs. UR has surpassed MR recently, but you can transfer to:

Delta
British Airways (including transfer bonuses of up to 50% recently)
Singapore Airlines (for flights on SQ)
ANA (unique award chart)
Aeroplan (although they have devalued the chart + fuel surcharges on some carriers)
and more.

I want to fly Singapore First from LAX to SIN and onwards, which will cost at least 92K MR points. This signup will take care of that!

alrvd83 Jan 7, 2013 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 19997734)
MR is best used to transfer to airline programs. UR has surpassed MR recently, but you can transfer to:

Delta
British Airways (including transfer bonuses of up to 50% recently)
Singapore Airlines (for flights on SQ)
ANA (unique award chart)
Aeroplan (although they have devalued the chart + fuel surcharges on some carriers)
and more.

I want to fly Singapore First from LAX to SIN and onwards, which will cost at least 92K MR points. This signup will take care of that!

ok nice! So if you dont transfer the pts to a program, cant you also use the pts to purchase a ticket via the AMEX travel site? Is that even worth it? I have a sapphire preferred and its like 10k pts = $100...plus they offer 20% off.

I hope this deals lasts for awhile, because I need to wait at least another month before i apply for yet another card! :p

meerkatani Jan 7, 2013 6:39 pm

Grr I just got Delta Gold Amex! Maybe I should try it anyway :confused:

blackmamba Jan 7, 2013 6:56 pm

Approved. Just crapped my pants.

lavag Jan 7, 2013 7:04 pm

Went through link in incognito mode, put in info, got 100k offer (site linked to verified AE https server), approved :D Have already received confirmation email!

Took screenshots at every step, will update when card comes/bonus posts.

Thank you michael_v & original poster!

CFFrost Jan 7, 2013 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by lavag (Post 19997940)
Went through link in incognito mode, put in info, got 100k offer (site linked to verified AE https server), approved :D Have already received confirmation email!

Took screenshots at every step, will update when card comes/bonus posts.

Thank you michael_v & original poster!

The offer comes up for me, but an error message comes up for me when I try to click through to the AE website. Anyone else experience this?

Marathon Man Jan 7, 2013 7:08 pm

this is where I get the whole fam to sign up for the Plat lol

vacaloca Jan 7, 2013 7:08 pm

Had a Biz Platinum not too long ago... did a chat on AMEX card application site with the info and the chat rep mentioned that getting a bonus on a biz card would not impact getting one on a personal card.... tempting!

Angeleno228 Jan 7, 2013 7:13 pm

Most here own some sort of an AMEX card earning Memberships Rewards, so it looks a lot of people will be out!

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

Good Luck to all those who apply! Singapore Suites are gonna be filled with Flyertalkers lol

exmike Jan 7, 2013 7:14 pm

legit. got it

iqbalt80 Jan 7, 2013 7:19 pm

Got approved for the Platinum card..
Anyone tried the Platinum + PRG?

MIT_SBM Jan 7, 2013 7:20 pm

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Didn't see this posted here so just be aware.

ukinny2000 Jan 7, 2013 7:25 pm

Applied & approved! What a splendid find, thanks! Luckily I had cancelled my PRG about five months ago, so I should be getting my MR points soon enough :D

lavag Jan 7, 2013 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Angeleno228 (Post 19997996)
Most here own some sort of an AMEX card earning Memberships Rewards, so it looks a lot of people will be out!

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

Good Luck to all those who apply! Singapore Suites are gonna be filled with Flyertalkers lol

The very reason why I closed my PRG after I got the reward I wanted out of them. These 100k offers show up out of nowhere and either you're ready or you're not. But they don't seem to stick around for long.

texasguy77 Jan 7, 2013 7:29 pm

Tempting, but hopefully no one receives a FR trying to meet spend :)

Mrgolfer21 Jan 7, 2013 7:31 pm

The only card I have that gets membership rewards is the business gold reward card. Have had it for over a year...i am assuming that there shouldn't be an issue with me getting this plat card with the signup bonus? I already applied and got approved, just wondering if i'll be in for a fight or not. Took screen shots.

iqbalt80 Jan 7, 2013 7:32 pm

Did back to back Plat and PRG. Both approved instantly.
Over 150K MR points.. Nice :)

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 19998131)
Did back to back Plat and PRG. Both approved instantly.
Over 150K MR points.. Nice :)

Just be aware of this --- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Hopefully you get them if they were simultaneously opened.

iqbalt80 Jan 7, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 19998162)
Just be aware of this --- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Hopefully you get them if they were simultaneously opened.

Took the risk.. fingers crossed :)

runfit Jan 7, 2013 7:40 pm

I got it - I haven't had a personal gold or platinum in over 12 months. I do have a business plat but the Amex terms always spell out that you must not have had a consumer version (for consumer card) or business version (for business card) within the last 12 months to be eligible so I should be fine. I am a little surprised I was approved since I just did a mini app-o-rama last month (including an upgrade from Business Gold to Business Plat for another 25,000 MR). This was too good to pass up, though. :) Instant approval!

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 19998175)
Took the risk.. fingers crossed :)

Please report back -- it would be good to note for future offers!

CFFrost Jan 7, 2013 7:46 pm

Got it to show up for me after clicking into private browsing. That tells me my account is likely NOT targeted. I would take the chance and fight it, but I just applied for an Amex HHonors card in November and not convinced its worth it. I also have the PRG and SPG cards. Hmmm . . .

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 19997950)
The offer comes up for me, but an error message comes up for me when I try to click through to the AE website. Anyone else experience this?

Log out of your Amex account

jmw2323 Jan 7, 2013 7:51 pm

why can't this website just direct you to the offer. not giving them my SS#

fozziedoggie Jan 7, 2013 7:55 pm

Sorry, but I'm a bit slow on the up-take. Why would one want this card? Is this something for frequent flyers? I am a HHonors member, would this card som how benefit there? I got the 100K offer, but I'm not sure it's of use? Someone please explain.

Thank you.

webazoid Jan 7, 2013 7:58 pm

anyone try it w/ a fraud alert in place? i hate cc aps cuz i always have to call in to apply

exmike Jan 7, 2013 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323 (Post 19998259)

you can leave the SS blank

Mrgolfer21 Jan 7, 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323 (Post 19998259)

You don't have to put in your SSN...i didn't, not until I got to Amex's website.

lavag Jan 7, 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 19998291)
Sorry, but I'm a bit slow on the up-take. Why would one want this card? Is this something for frequent flyers? I am a HHonors member, would this card som how benefit there? Someone please explain.

Thank you.

These points are similar to Chase UR or SPG in that they are transferable to several different airline and hotel programs. For HHonors specifically, I believe it's a 1:1.5 transfer ratio that can be increased in a roundabout way to 1:2 or even high with periodic transfer bonus.

lavag Jan 7, 2013 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 19998313)
you can leave the SS blank

confirmed

fozziedoggie Jan 7, 2013 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by lavag (Post 19998324)
These points are similar to Chase UR or SPG in that they are transferable to several different airline and hotel programs. For HHonors specifically, I believe it's a 1:1.5 transfer ratio that can be increased in a roundabout way to 1:2 or even high with periodic transfer bonus.

So if I apply and receive the card, I may possibly swap out the points for up to 200K points to HHonors? Is there a cap on how many points annually you may convert? Could I move over all 200K points at once?

Thanks again.

jimmicka Jan 7, 2013 8:05 pm

ive stated to several people via PM, but I'll say it here that I had originally posted this before but removed/got locked after receiving several messages to do so... i guess there is a whole thread on Amex Forum about them cancelling bonuses after the links get flooded. it's a public link so i didn't see the problem posting but everyone tries to hide things from the blogs because they get killed almost instantly.

in any sense... glad to share here, hope everyone gets approved and we can enjoy some MR points. great card, love amex, happy to find this.