Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Old Jan 7, 13, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
Holy cow this couldn't have come at a better time, I was just getting ready to apply for SPG card this is a much better offer and lower spend. Can someone clarify the T & C about transferring MR to SPG?

"Member must have one qualified stay at a participating Starwood property in the preceding 12 months. In order to use the transferred Starpoints Membership Rewards program account must be linked to your Starwood Preferred Guest account."

Does this mean I have to stay at an SPG property before I can use the transferred MR points?
Do not apply for this card if you are going to transfer to SPG. MR transfer to SPG at a 1:3 ratio, so 100K MR is only 33K SPG, which is awfully close to the SPG card bonus anyway.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan View Post
Not 100% approval rate sorry LOL. DW declined instantly because of the December massive AOR. We haven't reconned yet, but just wanted to post this since everyone is getting suspect with the approval rate.

Also many may not be posting rejections here. Offer looks seriously awesome. I am going to apply soon.
Update. DW approved after recon. Her first personal Amex, she has been an AU on my card.

I was approved for both Plat and PRG. Came out of my semi gardening mode
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:41 pm

this is really silly but debating between the PRG and plat. i know the plat is the better deal and the $450 annual fee isn't bad when you think of all the perks you get but realistically speaking i don't know if any of us will be traveling much this year to use the lounge access (and likely will be flying on united if we do ), how many british miles we can possibly use (other partners like singapore airlines and cathay although nice not likely to be used anytime in the near future), and if the $200 X 2 credit will be able to be redeemed on gift cards next year. decisions decisions!

Wow. Even I got instant approval on both plat and gold.

Have 7 CCs before, never had instant approval on any. Always had to call in. Not this time

duplicate response

Last edited by PresskittJon; Jan 7, 13 at 10:42 pm Reason: question already answered by someone else

i sure hope chase doesn't shut me down. i got platinum amex for 100k and aa visa 50l and aa amex 50k for 200k total. $3k spending in 3 months and $5k spending in 4 months.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
Log out, then click the link from CreditCards.com again.
Thank you! Did that and also switched from Chrome to IE. Approved immediately!
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:45 pm

I gust got the Amex Mercedes Benz platinum with the 50k last month. Do you think I have a chance to get the regular platinum or the gold and get the bonus again? I really don't want to miss this great offer.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:47 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
Instant approval here. I was actually thinking of signing up for this @ 50k points, but now at 100k couldn't pass it up.

Most useful to me?
  • Lounge Access
  • $200 in Airline incidentals (makes up for food/drinks when I'm not in First )
  • International companion tickets for Business/First (could have used this 2 months ago when my friend bought a First Class ticket to Colombia)
  • Global Entry paid for
  • Car rental insurance
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend, semi-targeted

Has anyone ever applied and been approved for an Amex while outside the US?
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:48 pm

Approved instantly for Platinum! Already called and upgraded SPG to Gold. Will be useful for my upcoming Westin stay. Thanks!!

This is going to be interesting... just did an AOR a few days ago requiring 5K in 3-4 months, now adding another 3K lol... no VRs where I am.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Originally Posted by jacisme View Post
I'm thinking we should set our statements to autopay on the 4th of the month, that way we can charge the cards on the 1st or 2nd and still give it a couple days before the billing cycle closes - in order to get the $200 airline credits 2x (once per calendar year).

Thoughts?
Does it matter? I thought we should be able to get $200 each calendar year regardless of the statement closing dates.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
Holy cow this couldn't have come at a better time, I was just getting ready to apply for SPG card this is a much better offer and lower spend. Can someone clarify the T & C about transferring MR to SPG?

"Member must have one qualified stay at a participating Starwood property in the preceding 12 months. In order to use the transferred Starpoints Membership Rewards program account must be linked to your Starwood Preferred Guest account."

Does this mean I have to stay at an SPG property before I can use the transferred MR points?
Not to get off topic, but transferring MR to SPG is generally considered a very poor option.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta platinum, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AirD0c View Post
Has anyone ever applied and been approved for an Amex while outside the US?
I applied for the SPG a week ago while I was in my hotel in London..got approved.
Old Jan 7, 13, 10:55 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MahiMahi524 View Post
Approved instantly for Platinum! Already called and upgraded SPG to Gold. Will be useful for my upcoming Westin stay. Thanks!!

This is going to be interesting... just did an AOR a few days ago requiring 5K in 3-4 months, now adding another 3K lol... no VRs where I am.
How to get Gold without having the card in hand? Which phone number do you call and do you have to give them any reference id?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: