Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
No need to cancel immediately. You have 60 days to cancel from the date the fee is charged to get the entire fee back. I goggled it so it must be true.
Do you plan to do that?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by TravelSummary
I had the PRG when I got the Platinum card. I activating Plat, then cancelled PRG, then met minimum spend on 1/12. All my transactions finally moved to posted morning of 1/15. As of right now, no points show as pending in my account. I'll continue to check in hopes the 100K shows up.
What do you guys think...should I send a SM and ask about the points or do I just need to have patience, wait a day and hope it shows up?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:59 pm

What do you guys think...should I send a SM and ask about the points or do I just need to have patience, wait a day and hope it shows up?
I would say either way a day or call.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA/CO, HHonors
I haven't sent an SM yet. I don't have my card yet either ... I expect it today or tomorrow. I wasn't planning on sending an SM. It sounds like if you were to somehow have the points credited to your account, you're more likely to get them without bringing your eligibility to their attention. Even if you got them to say via SM that you'd get the points, I'm not confident they would honor that.

I'm new to the CC churn, and this time I only applied for this card, so I'm only basing my opinions on what I've read in this thread so far.

Since I don't have my card yet, I was planning on calling Amex, before I activated, to ask about eligibility and when I'm told that I'm ineligible, keep pushing to hopefully get some kind of bonus. I was planning on cancelling my Gold card anyways, so perhaps asking if I can cancel it and still get something, or whatever ... if I can get anything, I'll probably keep the card for at least a year and swallow the annual fee. Otherwise, I just won't activate it.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:03 pm

Wait a few days at least I think. After all, the official rule IIRC is "may take up to 6-8 weeks", though this time everybody seems to see their points very soon after transaction posted.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:08 pm

Facts: I currently have PRG and Biz Gold for almost two years. Applied for plat with the 100K offer. Met the min spending requirement and the transactions posted today (01/15/2013) in the morning. No points posted after the transactions posted. Called CSR, was told that the offer is on my account but will have to wait until 6 - 8 weeks have passed. They (Acct CSR and MR CSR) could not manually push the points because it is a promo offer and the timeline will need to be met. I was confirmed with both reps that the offer is on my acct and once the bill cycle ends, points will be posted automatically.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
I would say give it few days. I called and was given the same mumbo jumbo about having Plat and PRG (72 hours) at the same time and points will not post. Points posted earlier today... Do not bring un-necessary attention to yourself.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
I would say give it few days. I called and was given the same mumbo jumbo about having Plat and PRG (72 hours) at the same time and points will not post. Points posted earlier today... Do not bring un-necessary attention to yourself.
So are you saying that you had the PRG prior to applying, but still got the 100k for Plat? That would be some very encouraging news.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Just wait and relax, why the hand-wringing to see if points post? We all got into this with eyes wide open (right?) hoping it'd work out. If it does, great. If not, what you gonna do?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

We are an impatient bunch by nature. IMHO, calling or SM will only bring unwarranted attention to your account. Bombarded Amex with SMs, calls and tweets bring out a can of worms, which may not be advantageous to our cause. Just wait a few weeks and we shall see. My experiences with Amex have always been favorable.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by noelr
So are you saying that you had the PRG prior to applying, but still got the 100k for Plat? That would be some very encouraging news.
Applied for both the cards one after the another. First Plat then PRG...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Applied for both the cards one after the another. First Plat then PRG...
Your story is different than most of us. We either had the PRG (within 90 days of applying) or still have PRG (in my case still have it since two years).

The only people who have gotten 100K or PRG bonus, right away after meeting the spending requirements, are the ones who had already met the initial T&C at the time of applying. If you applied for both at the same time, you still met the eligibility.

All I can suggest, at this point, is be patient and stop calling AMEX CSR, MR CSR, and sending SM online. That will not help you at all.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:15 pm

damn can't believe I missed this one. Ahhh
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ThereYaGo
Just wait and relax, why the hand-wringing to see if points post? We all got into this with eyes wide open (right?) hoping it'd work out. If it does, great. If not, what you gonna do?
1. Threaten a lawsuit
2. Spend hours on the phone
3. Threaten to cancel our AMEX cards and never use an AMEX product again
4. Sign up for an AMEX card the next time a lucrative bonus is offered
5. Go back to step one and repeat
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:06 pm

Anyone notice that transactions posted on Gold faster than on Plat? My purchases on 1/14 was posted to Gold this morning, but the purchase on 1/13 still has not been posted to Plat yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.