Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Old Jan 14, 13, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iusb View Post
does anyone know for global entry fee refund, does gloable entry applicant need to be the same as card holder? i am think sign up for addition card ($175 for up to 3) and use one of them for my < 18 year kid.
No. The AMEX system simply sees the charge and applies the credit.
Old Jan 14, 13, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by StephenW View Post
No. The AMEX system simply sees the charge and applies the credit.
I was thinking that must be the case. It seems really unlikely the Global Entry system would share with the cc company the name of the person for whom the application was submitted.
Old Jan 14, 13, 11:32 pm

applied for both PRG and Plat and got approved for both. Didn't want to risk not receiving the bonus, so cancelled the PRG on day of approval.

I applied and was approved for the MB Plat in mid December.
Plat: $3,000 spending posted early AM 1/14 and 100K points posted ("earned" status" when I just checked (1/15 12:20AM EST) the points weren't there when i checked around 9PM.
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by highman123 View Post
This might be old news but I applied for Platinum first and then Gold.

I spend 1k on Gold last week and just confirmed bonus via SM. Points are already pending.

100k bonus for Platinum has been confirmed via SM as well. So this is really 154k MR
that is so awesome, I wish I did that too instead of listening to that one person on SD!!
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by sleepyinboston View Post
applied for both PRG and Plat and got approved for both. Didn't want to risk not receiving the bonus, so cancelled the PRG on day of approval.

I applied and was approved for the MB Plat in mid December.
Plat: $3,000 spending posted early AM 1/14 and 100K points posted ("earned" status" when I just checked (1/15 12:20AM EST) the points weren't there when i checked around 9PM.
Just to clarify, you're saying the points showed up and were subsequently REMOVED from your account?
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelSummary View Post
Just to clarify, you're saying the points showed up and were subsequently REMOVED from your account?
Reread the sentence with time and date...
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:22 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by gold07 View Post
that is so awesome, I wish I did that too instead of listening to that one person on SD!!
I think it's technically correct that having the PLatinum blocks the PRG sign-up bonus. However IMHO these T&Cs have never been coded into the Bonus offers. AMEX keeps that language to avoid bonuses at their own will.

However if you have a good standing at AMEX and have a good amount of $$$ running through their cards they will be nice to you. I have been able to churn AMEX cards in 6 month or less
Old Jan 15, 13, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11 View Post
Reread the sentence with time and date...
Thanks, freaked out there for a bit. Must be tired.
Old Jan 15, 13, 3:07 am

Has been pending for a few days now, but I am not worried. These should clear within a day or two. From what I have read so far, the extra 4k from the spending will post only after the statement closes.

Old Jan 15, 13, 5:35 am

If someone signed up for a plat card through this link, can they sign up for a gold elsewhere and get the bonus too, or no?
Old Jan 15, 13, 5:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K
Did any present PRG holders attain the Platinum bonus?
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
Did any present PRG holders attain the Platinum bonus?
I have seen a few that were waiting for their transactions to post. I had the PRG active when I applied for this Platinum, but closed it after I received my new card (not that this would really qualify me for the 100K offer).

I completed the spend Monday morning, but my Sunday and Monday transactions are still pending. Should know in about 2 days if I get the 100K pts, but others are probably ahead of me.
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by johnb102 View Post
I completed the spend Monday morning, but my Sunday and Monday transactions are still pending. Should know in about 2 days if I get the 100K pts, but others are probably ahead of me.
Thanks. Please keep us posted of any progress. ^
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:44 am

I have seen a few that were waiting for their transactions to post. I had the PRG active when I applied for this Platinum, but closed it after I received my new card (not that this would really qualify me for the 100K offer).

Please keep us posted, you are ahead of me
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K

Thanks! Would really love to hear what you have to say about this matter.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: