FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1425259-amex-platinum-100k-after-3-000-spend-gold-50k-after-1-000-spend-expired.html)

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 19998306)
anyone try it w/ a fraud alert in place? i hate cc aps cuz i always have to call in to apply

I have a freeze on Experian. Called in, gave them a temporary PIN, and was approved instantly. This was one where I didn't mind an extra hit (a long as I get the points!)

groobie Jan 7, 2013 8:13 pm

Applied and approved. :) It prompted a mini-AOR for me...I also picked up Club Carlson Premiere and Chase Sapphire Preferred.

alrvd83 Jan 7, 2013 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21 (Post 19998319)
You don't have to put in your SSN...i didn't, not until I got to Amex's website.

crap...i put in my SSN on that main page. Did i just shoot myself in the foot? Is my identity now gone? Is this site legit? lol :mad:

MightyTravels Jan 7, 2013 8:15 pm

Just got instantly approved for Gold and Plat card - wow! What a nice start into the week!

jacisme Jan 7, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome bonus Not Available...

Regarding the restriction below - do you think this includes Gold Delta Skymiles Personal card, or is it only referencing the Premier Rewards Gold and Amex Gold?

And are we sure the word CONSUMER is only referencing ZYNC? It could also be interpreted to read Consumer Zync, Consumer Green, or Consumer Gold card accounts - right?
"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

xp0 Jan 7, 2013 8:19 pm

Is there anyway to figure out when I closed my PRG card? I do not remember when and I want to make sure I am after the 90 day limit. I believe I am, but I do not want to risk the $450 fee

lkar Jan 7, 2013 8:20 pm

Got the gold. Already have plat. I think it has been 12 months since I had the gold. For $1k spend and no annual fee, it's worth a shot.

Edit: oh jeez. I am such a dolt. I have a plat card. What a screw up. I read the t&c too quickly.

Thunderroad Jan 7, 2013 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by masondfw (Post 19998385)
Got it! Use private mode in Firefox.

Sorry I'm dense, but how does private mode help re the application? Is it a security thing to prevent one's SS # being recorded unnecessarily? But if so, I though some posts said that it wasn't necessary to enter the SS #.

Thanks for any advice.

amolkold Jan 7, 2013 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme (Post 19998450)
Regarding the restriction below - do you think this includes Gold Delta Skymiles Personal card, or is it only referencing the Premier Rewards Gold and Amex Gold?

And are we sure the word CONSUMER is only referencing ZYNC? It could also be interpreted to read Consumer Zync, Consumer Green, or Consumer Gold card accounts - right?
"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNCŪ, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

Yes, ALL consumer cards. Consumer Zync, Consumer Green, Consumer Gold. The Delta cards are separate from Membership Rewards cards. As are the SPG cards.

As are business cards from consumer cards.

Mrgolfer21 Jan 7, 2013 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 19998503)
Sorry, how does private mode help re the application? Thanks for any advice.

People were having issues with getting an unavailable/system busy message (i got it to begin with). Some cleared their cookies, some used private mode to get around it.

Jake Gittes Jan 7, 2013 8:30 pm

Applied and approved for both. I'm a bit suspect of the 100% approval rate, but let's see what happens!

Saitoh2319 Jan 7, 2013 8:30 pm

Will I be eligible for the AMEX Platinum card 100K rewards if I applied to an AMEX Hilton HHonors card recently?

webazoid Jan 7, 2013 8:33 pm

what consideration number for amex?

starbucksisgood1 Jan 7, 2013 8:34 pm

woot woot! approved!
Take many screen shots guys!

ferrari_fan Jan 7, 2013 8:35 pm

Not 100% approval rate sorry LOL. DW declined instantly because of the December massive AOR. We haven't reconned yet, but just wanted to post this since everyone is getting suspect with the approval rate.

Also many may not be posting rejections here. Offer looks seriously awesome. I am going to apply soon.