Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I'm getting a message that says offer is no longer available. Is anyone else?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I'm getting a message that says offer is no longer available. Is anyone else?
Yep, and a couple of the blogs report it dead as of 11:22...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Wow did a search and no one asked this question:

Does the $200 reimbursement work for Southwest Gift Cards? I understand they work for Southwest plane tickets but what about gift cards? Thanks!
Check the Amex MR forum. There are individual threads for how Amex handles the $200 credit for each individual airline. From my experience, they reimburse UA gift certs within about 5 days.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
I had the form open and just submitted the application (11:31AM EST) and got instantly approved. Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Does the $200 reimbursement work for Southwest Gift Cards?
Originally Posted by goAsia
Check the Amex MR forum. There are individual threads for how Amex handles the $200 credit for each individual airline.
Thread is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-fl-only.html
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Damn it is gone. I think I was 15 minutes late.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:32 am

I think this is officially dead. I was dragging my feet on this one and was able to reliably get into the application page until about 20 minutes ago, now it's gone. I'd be thrilled if anyone can prove me wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:34 am

Instant approved last night - now creditcards.com offer page only shows mostly capital ones offers.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
As someone who qualified and was approved for the Plat card, I can confirm that this offer is now dead. Even if you go through creditcards.com/cardmatch through Chrome Incognito and including your SS# (which was the best way to go to make it work reliably), it won't show.

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Do they enforce the terms and conditions thing regarding the cards? They really didn't make that very obvious and it is going piss a lot of people off because they didn't make it clear.
The terms are very obvious - they were listed immediately to the left of the application in a fairly big font, bolded. Applying for the Platinum and then the PRG, according to these obvious terms, disqualified you for the bonus on the PRG. You could still get approved, but the terms give them the right to disqualify the second bonus. Reps, when asked, seem to back this up. That doesn't mean, however, that they won't make an exception for you, especially based upon the proximity of the approvals. You don't have the terms on your side, but you could certainly try and hope for the best... just don't count on it. If concerned, call and ask them to verify, and cancel the second app if not comfortable with the risk.

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
A couple of posters have asked if you've had the AMEX Mercedes-Benz Platinum within the past 12 months, are you eligible for this promo on the AMEX Platinum personal. The answer is yes. I spoke this morning to an application CSR, who checked with someone else at AMEX. He confirmed that because they are different products from different families, you would be eligible. This also confirmed what I was told when I spoke to AMEX reps a year or so ago when this same situation and question arose.
This has been my understanding, too. I have a related question... would applying today for the Mercedes version of the Plat card (which has a 50K bonus at the moment) *after* doing this 100K offer yesterday still qualify you for both?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by mooper
This has been my understanding, too. I have a related question... would applying today for the Mercedes version of the Plat card (which has a 50K bonus at the moment) *after* doing this 100K offer yesterday still qualify you for both?
I would assume that, if the MB Plat is considered a separate product (as appears to be the case), then they would have no bearing on each other as far as bonuses.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
"This offer is no longer available, but you can
choose from one of our top offers below."

Looks dead...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:39 am

Darn. I finally talked myself into applying for this. Saw it last night and slept on it since I have some minimum spends I'm trying to make. Have been trying to get the link to show up for about 10 minutes. Should've came here first.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Gold
Glad I got in this morning for me and mrs. hotelmotel!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by miko2a
Darn. I finally talked myself into applying for this. Saw it last night and slept on it since I have some minimum spends I'm trying to make. Have been trying to get the link to show up for about 10 minutes. Should've came here first.
In these types of situations, I apply immediately with a frozen credit report (so I know the app will get stuck until I call in), then make a final decision the next day. A few bucks is worth not having to frantically decide whether to jump on it or not.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:43 am

The deal looks dead! I was able to get it for the Mrs but not me! =S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.