Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Amex Platinum 100k after $3,000 spend or Gold 50k after $1,000 spend [Expired]

Old Jan 7, 13, 8:08 pm

Had a Biz Platinum not too long ago... did a chat on AMEX card application site with the info and the chat rep mentioned that getting a bonus on a biz card would not impact getting one on a personal card.... tempting!
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:13 pm

Most here own some sort of an AMEX card earning Memberships Rewards, so it looks a lot of people will be out!

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

Good Luck to all those who apply! Singapore Suites are gonna be filled with Flyertalkers lol
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:14 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
legit. got it
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Got approved for the Platinum card..
Anyone tried the Platinum + PRG?

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:20 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Didn't see this posted here so just be aware.
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:25 pm

Applied & approved! What a splendid find, thanks! Luckily I had cancelled my PRG about five months ago, so I should be getting my MR points soon enough
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt, BA, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Angeleno228 View Post
Most here own some sort of an AMEX card earning Memberships Rewards, so it looks a lot of people will be out!

"Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days."

Good Luck to all those who apply! Singapore Suites are gonna be filled with Flyertalkers lol
The very reason why I closed my PRG after I got the reward I wanted out of them. These 100k offers show up out of nowhere and either you're ready or you're not. But they don't seem to stick around for long.
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Tempting, but hopefully no one receives a FR trying to meet spend
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:31 pm

The only card I have that gets membership rewards is the business gold reward card. Have had it for over a year...i am assuming that there shouldn't be an issue with me getting this plat card with the signup bonus? I already applied and got approved, just wondering if i'll be in for a fight or not. Took screen shots.
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Did back to back Plat and PRG. Both approved instantly.
Over 150K MR points.. Nice
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
Did back to back Plat and PRG. Both approved instantly.
Over 150K MR points.. Nice
Just be aware of this --- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Hopefully you get them if they were simultaneously opened.
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
Just be aware of this --- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

Hopefully you get them if they were simultaneously opened.
Took the risk.. fingers crossed
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:40 pm

I got it - I haven't had a personal gold or platinum in over 12 months. I do have a business plat but the Amex terms always spell out that you must not have had a consumer version (for consumer card) or business version (for business card) within the last 12 months to be eligible so I should be fine. I am a little surprised I was approved since I just did a mini app-o-rama last month (including an upgrade from Business Gold to Business Plat for another 25,000 MR). This was too good to pass up, though. Instant approval!
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
Took the risk.. fingers crossed
Please report back -- it would be good to note for future offers!
Old Jan 7, 13, 8:46 pm

Got it to show up for me after clicking into private browsing. That tells me my account is likely NOT targeted. I would take the chance and fight it, but I just applied for an Amex HHonors card in November and not convinced its worth it. I also have the PRG and SPG cards. Hmmm . . .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: