Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Low transfer rate from MR to bmi - who to complain to

Old Jul 29, 2003, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Using Membership Rewards allows me to earn one bmi diamond club mile per GBP spent.

However the BAA Worldcard and bmi Mastercard have rates of 1.5 miles per GBP spent. They also have no annual fee.

I know Amex offer various benefits the other cards don't but it still grates that they don't offer as many miles.

I'm just shallow and like having an Amex card in my wallet However as bmi is my main flyer account it doesn't make sense for me to use it.

I think I'll bin my Amex when it's due for renewal in October. Is there any point writing to Amex suggesting that they increase the earning rate, and if so any ideas on who to write to?

Cheers

Nick
Old Jul 29, 2003, 5:09 pm

It's a rate agreed between Amex and BMI, and there is nothing to do for that.

As Lufthansa Senator, I prefer to fly with Star Alliance members on award tickets. But the rate between Amex MR and BMI is so .. unattractive, that I transfer to AF instead.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
At the moment the UK MR site on
http://www66.americanexpress.com/mrc...id=BD&seqnum=4
does not show the conversion rate from MR to bmi miles. It just gives a minimum 1000 MR transfer criterion.

I was wondering if anybody had transfered MR to bmi, how long it took and what the exact conversion rate was. Is it 1=1 as I suspect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.