Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

"As of 2/27/04, we are not accepting new enrollments for Private Payments"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"As of 2/27/04, we are not accepting new enrollments for Private Payments"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by daveland:
Add me to the "miffed customer" list.
I even took the time to write in and express displeasure, only to get a form letter back explaining that the program is being discontinued.
</font>
Same here -- but I replied and asked my question again. Amex replied with this:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Please know that American Express is discontinuing Private Payments because of the low use of the service coupled with the high cost of maintaining the service.</font>

Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:36 pm

I love the Private Payment service and use the service almost every month. I wrote to their customer service and got the same response as daveland.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
I will probably cancel my Plat Card when PP is cancelled and move to Citi Visa which has PP. This is too important to me. Im voting with my wallet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.