Swiss Centurion Benefits

Old Dec 11, 03, 3:31 pm
hrm
Original Poster

Swiss Centurion Benefits

I've just moved to to Switzerland from the UK, and am considering dropping my UK Centurion and getting a Swiss one instead, mainly because of the charges associated with using the UK card here in Switzerland.

If anyone has a Swiss card, can you comment on it? Specifically interested in:
- Does it give SPG Plat, and Hilton Gold?
- Is the concierge any good, compared to the UK (which I have found to be good)?
- How does the membership rewards work? I've seen their site, and it looks like you can't transfer points to the large array of airlines as you can in the UK...

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 03, 6:08 pm

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
hrm:

Does it give SPG Plat, and Hilton Gold?

Yes,SPG-Plat and Hilton-Gold attach. Priority Pass also attaches.

I think that an application form can be download from http://www.centurioncard.ch.

thanks,
masahiro
Old Dec 12, 03, 3:01 am
hrm
Original Poster

Thanks masahiro - I actually already have the application form from Amex Switzerland (I called them up and they sent it to me), but it doesn't list the benefits.

I could have sworn I'd seen the password for http://www.centurioncard.ch posted here, but I've searched and can't find it -- does the site describe the card's benefits?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by masahiro:
hrm:

Does it give SPG Plat, and Hilton Gold?

Yes,SPG-Plat and Hilton-Gold attach. Priority Pass also attaches.

I think that an application form can be download from http://www.centurioncard.ch.

thanks,
masahiro
</font>
Old Dec 12, 03, 5:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hrm:

I could have sworn I'd seen the password for http://www.centurioncard.ch posted here...
</font>
YGM
Old Dec 12, 03, 5:34 am

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
hrm:

I looked at ch site once again. But I was not able to find benefits of a card.

Do you want to know benefits of Hilton or SPG? Or do you want to know benefits of Swiss Centurion?

I don't understand English for a few. I'm sorry, It is such a question.

I think I'm enviable. Opening-Centurion site countries are only de and ch. Japan is still only telephone correspondence. Japan cannot do correspondence by E-mail.

thanks,
masahiro
Old Dec 12, 03, 9:16 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Hi,

can someone please e-mail me the password to the Swiss centurion card website ? I have a German Cent. card. Please also e-mail me the Swiss centurion phone number. The German is an international toll-free number. E-mail me if you need proof or have ??? about the German card. Swiss one should be similar. What is the annual fee in CH for the black card ? How many cards are in the portfolio ?
Old Dec 12, 03, 9:22 am

The Swiss Centurion card is issued by SwissCard AG (partnership Amex & Credit Suisse).

Main privileges of the card (almost the same as other european Centurion cards):

- 7 cards in the annual fee : 3 Centurion (main + AC card + supplementary) and up to 4 Plat/Gold/Green)
- extra supplementary cards for CHF 1,000 each
- Priority Pass for main and 1st supplementary cardholder
- Amex lounges access (also for supplementary Gold/Green)
- Kempinsky Private Concierge membership
- Hilton HHonors Gold
- Starwood Platinum
- Fine Hotels, Resorts and Spas
- Small Luxury Hotels
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels
- Hertz Gold
- no airline benefits unlike US cards
- Express Cash : max. CHF 15,000 every 7 days
- Club membership "Pacha" and "Säulenhalle"

Insurances
- baggage loss CHF 4,000
- delayed luggage delivery (6 hours) CHF 2,000
- delayed flight (&gt; 4 hours) CHF 800
- ShopGarant up to CHF 20,000 / year (max CHF 3,000 per item)
- medical assistance CHF 10 millions
- personal liability CHF 4,500,000
- car rental insurance CHF 120,000
- etc.

Membership Rewards
"Classic", 1 Swiss MR point for each CHF spent
(MR points differ from country to country, redeeming levels differ the same way)

[This message has been edited by ahrz (edited Dec 12, 2003).]
Old Dec 12, 03, 1:14 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
The insurance package sounds a lot better than the German equivalent. Higher coverages! 10M CHF, where we have 1M EUR!

Hotel and airline benefits about the same.
Old Dec 12, 03, 6:10 pm

flamboyant1:

Hi,

This is comparison of an annual fee.

US Cent 2,500.00 USD or 1,000.00USD
Swiss Cent 2,000.00 CHF
Hong Kong Cent 9,800.00 HKD
UK Cent 650.00 GBP
Germany Cent 1,000.00 EUR
IDC Cent 1,000.00 USD
JPN 160,000 JPY.

If different, please let me know.

thanks,
masahiro

Old Dec 13, 03, 1:00 am

Thanks, good work!
Old Dec 13, 03, 3:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
The insurance package sounds a lot better than the German equivalent. Higher coverages! 10M CHF, where we have 1M EUR!

Hotel and airline benefits about the same.
</font>
In Gernany the insurance for car rental is much better you get a better cover.

But for the other insurances, Swiss Centurion card is better.

kooks.
Old Dec 16, 03, 2:56 pm

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ahrz:
- Amex lounges access (also for supplementary Gold/Green)</font>
ahrz,

what lounges are you referring to?

I remember that I've been able to access the Club America lounge at MIA and the Amex lounge at VIE a few years ago, but I've never been able to obtain a list of accessible lounges from Amex. (I haven't asked them in a while though)

Or is this some super-secret Centurion thing which a lowly Platinum cardmember is not supposed to know?

andy
Old Dec 16, 03, 10:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andyZRH:
ahrz,

what lounges are you referring to?

but I've never been able to obtain a list of accessible lounges from Amex. (I haven't asked them in a while though)

andy
</font>
Last year I called Centurion Services in Switzerland and they faxed me the list of lounges all around the world, it was quite long specially in the US.

I don t remember where it is though.

You should try to call Amex again.

kooks.
Old Dec 18, 03, 2:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
Please also e-mail me the Swiss centurion phone number. The German is an international toll-free number. </font>
YGM

Old Dec 18, 03, 2:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sunseeker:
YGM </font>
message is coming back, so here it is:

hier die 'regulaere' amex cent. service # :

069/97973006

mfg
sunseeker

Search this Thread
Search Engine: