Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Return expired, damaged, cancelled titanium Centurion card to Amex?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:35 pm
bbd
Original Poster

A little off top, but i just got my new card as the expiration date is up this month. And they want the old card back. What happens if we dont send the cards back?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:04 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bbd
A little off top, but i just got my new card as the expiration date is up this month. And they want the old card back. What happens if we dont send the cards back?
Nothing. It's for your/their protection.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by bbd
And they want the old card back.
I received a replacement Canadian card recently, and I had assumed I would have to return the old one. But when I asked, they told me to just drill or punch a hole in the old card. They weren't interested in having it back. Not sure why there would be a different policy in Canada.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Biz Plat, Biz Cent etc
My replacement Cent card came with a pre-paid return envelope for the old one.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by pannhead51
My replacement Cent card came with a pre-paid return envelope for the old one.
Due to the metal material (of which the card is made) it isn't so easy to drill it, or cut it, or break it yourself - as is the case with all other plastic cards.

That is why, for the metal-made Centurion cards only, they send you a pre-paid envelope so you can send back your "indestructible" card and they will destroy it for you, as a free service.

Last edited by S.Bling; Dec 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by S.Bling
That is why, for the metal-made Centurion cards only, they send you a pre-paid envelope so you can send back your "indestructible" card and they will destroy it for you, as a free service.
Except in Canada, where they don't. Perhaps we're just more handy with tools in this part of the world.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by antirealist
Except in Canada, where they don't. Perhaps we're just more handy with tools in this part of the world.
Or they trust Loonies more than Canada Post...

:-)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:44 am
bbd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antirealist
I received a replacement Canadian card recently, and I had assumed I would have to return the old one. But when I asked, they told me to just drill or punch a hole in the old card. They weren't interested in having it back. Not sure why there would be a different policy in Canada.
Thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.