Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking Promotions UK [2013 - 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
There's a specific Foursquare thread out there. Can you explain the process to load it as I am not sure how you load the offer.
I just checked the foursquare app on my phone and it looks just like any of the previous offers like harvey nicks, tesco etc. Just check in, load to your synced card and spend Ł50 in one transaction. Get Ł15 back.

Happy with this offer. Ł45 of free petrol across my 3 cards here I come!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by reclusive46
That is one reason I love booking with Amex travel agency. No card surcharge. Often the flights are the same price as the airline themselves but no credit card fee.
Is that just the online travel service? I ended up booking over the phone (after major problems trying to register for the 5k promo despite being targeted!) and at the end of the booking he said there 'may or may not' be a Ł4.50 CC fee charged by BA. Rather stupidly he couldn't confirm one way or the other. Initially the charge was showing in pending transactions without the Ł4.50 but then when it moved to being a full transaction it DID include a Ł4.50 CC fee. It also showed as being a payment direct to BA rather than to Amex travel - is that how they normally post?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Is that just the online travel service? I ended up booking over the phone (after major problems trying to register for the 5k promo despite being targeted!) and at the end of the booking he said there 'may or may not' be a Ł4.50 CC fee charged by BA. Rather stupidly he couldn't confirm one way or the other. Initially the charge was showing in pending transactions without the Ł4.50 but then when it moved to being a full transaction it DID include a Ł4.50 CC fee. It also showed as being a payment direct to BA rather than to Amex travel - is that how they normally post?
Online there was no charge and when you do it online the charge goes to Amex travel, not to the airline.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Online there was no charge and when you do it online the charge goes to Amex travel, not to the airline.
Thanks, that's helpful - yet another reason to avoid calling Amex travel on the phone then from the sounds of it! This transaction didn't post with triple MR either (although they manually credited the triple points). Good to know re online transactions not having CC fee.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Yep foursquare offer. Valid at any Shell.
Is this working now? Couldn't get any of the London ones to load it 2 days ago.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
yes working
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: Yes please
Only Foursquare specials I get is Starbucks.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
Only Foursquare specials I get is Starbucks.
They sometimes they don't show if you just look for the specials. Expand the search area and then just search for shell. Should come up.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Is this working now? Couldn't get any of the London ones to load it 2 days ago.
Says valid from the 18th Jan so that may explain it.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Offer doesn't show on any of the Shell's in my area?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Offer doesn't show on any of the Shell's in my area?
Or mine.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Works for my local shell!

I wonder if this is like the last time where you could check in to a different branch but still get the cashback for ones that weren't coming up.

eg: GAP Brent Cross wasn't coming up but I checked into GAP westfield and still got the cashback after using Brent Cross.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Works for my local shell!

I wonder if this is like the last time where you could check in to a different branch but still get the cashback for ones that weren't coming up.

eg: GAP Brent Cross wasn't coming up but I checked into GAP westfield and still got the cashback after using Brent Cross.
You can pretty much check into anyone and redeem and use it another one.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:00 pm

Deal runs out on 18th of April too so plenty of time to get it on all cards.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is it one time or multiple hits are OK (Shell)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.